Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question regarding camera settings.

Reaction score
So I was flying my Q500 4K under an amazing sunset up country in Maui. Filming and taking photos. What I found was that the camera which was set to sunny day did not pick up the beautiful colors of the sunset. So I tried the cloudy setting and it still did not get the colors. If I recall correctly there was a twilight setting or something similar which I tried and once again no beautiful pinks and oranges. I took a photo of the sunset with my Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge + and the colors showed up perfectly.
I had to do some editing on the video to get some color in the clouds but I did not really like the way it made the video look.
Does any one know if there is a better setting to use to get the sunset colors to show up in videos and photos?

Try looking at these two videos. This guy is pretty sharp on the Q and really up on his camera and video settings. I've used his suggestions with good luck. Jeff is his name. I have contacted him with questions he will help.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I realize the CGO3+ on the H is a different camera, but I have found the auto settings basically don't work so well for Sunsets. I adjust it for each session. I use the Sunset/Sunrise white balance setting with a low ISO 100/200 depending and then adjust the exposure time to get what I want.

For this pic: White Balance Sunset, ISO 100, Exposure time 1/30. Cropped but no color altering or enhancement.
13575876_10209870371421096_1491330738660587255_o.jpg

Mike

Reactions: John Pirrone
I realize the CGO3+ on the H is a different camera, but I have found the auto settings basically don't work so well for Sunsets. I adjust it for each session. I use the Sunset/Sunrise white balance setting with a low ISO 100/200 depending and then adjust the exposure time to get what I want.

For this pic: White Balance Sunset, ISO 100, Exposure time 1/30. Cropped but no color altering or enhancement.
13575876_10209870371421096_1491330738660587255_o.jpg

Mike

Wow. Awesome. So this was a photo. Would I be using similar settings for video in the Sunset?

I mostly shoot pics, however try the sunset/Sunrise white balance.
Gorgeous setting,
Always use Slower FPS like 30 or 24 for lower light.
I only use higher than 60 if I plan to slow it down in post, or want the video to be a bit more edgy.

Mike

here is a quick video i did, last Oct, that was able to catch the colors as i saw them. believe i was using the "gorgeous" setting, 30fps and 1080p.

no editing in post, just trimming of footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
heres a pic i took using the "gorgeous" setting, i believe. not sure on any other setting, but Im guessing it was with everything in auto. hope were able to help. looking forward seeing some of your work :)

Attachments

• Mill Pond Plantation copy.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval