Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Questions following flight test.

Fin

Reaction score
OK so I have just taken the 520 for its maiden flight.
Conditions gusting to 22mph and low light!!
Thought I may as well try in not perfect conditions to get a real idea of what I am up against.

So I programmed in a Survey mission which would take about 9 minutes, camera set to auto everything and EV-0.5.

Mission went well, then had a quick fly about for maybe 6 minutes before I hit 30%.

So battery didn’t last as long as I was hoping, maybe it’s the windy conditions?

I did notice it seemed slow in angle mode- then remembered the speed dial!! Will try it in fast mode next flight!

Noticed the landing gear switch is a bit niggly had to switch it up and down a second time for it to respond.

The images taken were too blurry for photogrammetry, 1/30 exposures just get motion blur. I want to be able to set a minimum shutter speed - probably needs to be at least 1/120 for sharp images, brightness needs to be similar throughout the mission also. How are others setting up the camera? Pretty sure I’m middle of the day the auto will work better but I was hoping that I would have some camera settings more geared to mapping purposes.. there needs to be an auto setting which changes the iso if the minimum shutter speed is too fast for the current lighting.

Control seems nice and smooth and positive - much less frisky than the phantom4 I am used to!

In the survey mission the craft gets a bit buffeted about by the wind during the turns at the end of each line, a radius turn here would make this much better.

Will we have the option of using a third party flight control app in future? Pix4Dcapture or drone deploy? However I do like datapilot - could do with a few additional tweaks to make it a great mapping platform.
A point of interest orbit mode for example would be good for mapping 3D objects - also good for inspections - why Yuneec have omitted this functionality is a mystery.

What is the top wind speed that other members feel comfortable operating in?

Also does anyone do a hand catch landing with the H520?? This may be something I would need to do on occasion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers