Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rabbit Mode

Reaction score
I’m new to Yuneec bought an H a wanted to be safe so I bought the simulator, however it won’t take off in the simulator unless I do the practice exercises, lol so I see it won’t work unless in rabbit mode however in the manual for the h and no mention of that that I can find, or the simulator manual, just says rabbit mode, either way it won’t take off in the simulator, I thought maybe I had to be 5 meters away like the controller says so I’d did and I went back to the computer screen and sure enough it was flying, but I cannot reproduce that so what is rabbit mode? I’m assuming smart mode is turtle mode and the other is rabbit?

Turn you're St 16 controller upside down, you will see two control sliders, one is for panning your camera and the other is rabbit mode and turtle mode.
Did you get a instruction manual?
Here is one for you to read
Page 18.
#17 it's called "Rate Control Slider.
Also read top of page 21, very important you understand Smart Mode.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Ty Pilot
on the bottom of the right hand of the st16 is a dial for turtle mode (slow speed ) and rabbit mode ( fast speed ) the other side is your camera control

Turn you're St 16 controller upside down, you will see two control sliders, one is for panning your camera and the other is rabbit mode and turtle mode.
Page 18.
i new you would get a good answer as soon as somebody like AH seen this :)

Reactions: AH-1G
Ok
So that makes sense to bad they don’t call it rabbit mode I do have the manual and did a search on it and it does not say rabbit mode at all

Page 18.
Ok

I’m new to Yuneec bought an H a wanted to be safe so I bought the simulator, however it won’t take off in the simulator unless I do the practice exercises, lol so I see it won’t work unless in rabbit mode however in the manual for the h and no mention of that that I can find, or the simulator manual, just says rabbit mode, either way it won’t take off in the simulator, I thought maybe I had to be 5 meters away like the controller says so I’d did and I went back to the computer screen and sure enough it was flying, but I cannot reproduce that so what is rabbit mode? I’m assuming smart mode is turtle mode and the other is rabbit?

Flashoser,

First - welcome to Yuneec and welcome to the Yuneec Pilots forum!

Not trying to be flippant or condescending, just real... do you have the manual that came with the H? It may be stored in the SD card that came with your camera.

It is very important to understand the different between flight modes:
  • Angle Mode - Preferred, recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists...
  • Smart Mode - make sure you understand before using - many new pilots have learned the hard way - it is not so "smart".
  • Return to Home - as it implies.
The rate slider - Rabbit/Turtle has nothing to do with the flight modes. In its simplest terms, think of it as a sensitivity knob.
  • In turtle - slider all the way "down", speeds are slower, reactions to stick inputs are slower and less responsive.
  • In rabbit - slider all the way "up" - reactions are quicker and speeds are higher.
  • The space in between - hopefully it is obvious.
Try the simulator by placing your Mode Switch to the middle position (angle). Should be able to take off no matter where you "sit". The rate slider will determine how sensitive the controls are to your inputs.

Once you get flying (simulator) you can play around with the switches and knobs to see what they do, without putting your craft or anyone in peril!

Good luck!

Jeff

Flashoser,

First - welcome to Yuneec and welcome to the Yuneec Pilots forum!

Not trying to be flippant or condescending, just real... do you have the manual that came with the H? It may be stored in the SD card that came with your camera.

It is very important to understand the different between flight modes:
  • Angle Mode - Preferred, recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists...
  • Smart Mode - make sure you understand before using - many new pilots have learned the hard way - it is not so "smart".
  • Return to Home - as it implies.
The rate slider - Rabbit/Turtle has nothing to do with the flight modes. In its simplest terms, think of it as a sensitivity knob.
  • In turtle - slider all the way "down", speeds are slower, reactions to stick inputs are slower and less responsive.
  • In rabbit - slider all the way "up" - reactions are quicker and speeds are higher.
  • The space in between - hopefully it is obvious.
Try the simulator by placing your Mode Switch to the middle position (angle). Should be able to take off no matter where you "sit". The rate slider will determine how sensitive the controls are to your inputs.

Once you get flying (simulator) you can play around with the switches and knobs to see what they do, without putting your craft or anyone in peril!

Good luck!

Jeff

yeh it still don't take off, period, i can use the challenge mode and all is fine, i can put the radio transmitter Graphic up, sticks all move, buttons push toggles move, I can shut the props off and on, everything but take off in the simulator..

but what was weird is i moved out of the way of my computer and went back in and it was in the air, just to weird , tried to reproduce that and nothing...

I am not new to flying, just never had yuneec before is all, had 5 DJI's and no simulator and flown countless missions on litchi, flew my self, **** I have pilots license even, a real plane license, so i am not new to flying, i have had ****'s airplanes all kinds of miniatures **** and planes, but this is just weird..

yeh it still don't take off, period, i can use the challenge mode and all is fine, i can put the radio transmitter Graphic up, sticks all move, buttons push toggles move, I can shut the props off and on, everything but take off in the simulator..

but what was weird is i moved out of the way of my computer and went back in and it was in the air, just to weird , tried to reproduce that and nothing...

I am not new to flying, just never had yuneec before is all, had 5 DJI's and no simulator and flown countless missions on litchi, flew my self, **** I have pilots license even, a real plane license, so i am not new to flying, i have had ****'s airplanes all kinds of miniatures **** and planes, but this is just weird..

I tried it on 2 different computers even, same thing...

I wouldn't worry so much about the simulator not working correctly. Learn to fly, understand your controls and limitations. Don't try to do everything in one setting or two. Take your time flying and especially monitor your battery voltage.
Once you are acclimated flying without constantly looking at the monitor, then learn the camera and its attributes.
Many of us have been flying for years and have excellent results without incidents or major issues.

I wouldn't worry so much about the simulator not working correctly. Learn to fly, understand your controls and limitations. Don't try to do everything in one setting or two. Take your time flying and especially monitor your battery voltage.
Once you are acclimated flying without constantly looking at the monitor, then learn the camera and its attributes.
Many of us have been flying for years and have excellent results without incidents or major issues.

We'll I bought the Simulator, so I expect that to work, also it is winter Time here in Wisconsin, so better for me to learn the controls of the ST16 that I am unfamiliar with, so it just makes sense to use the simulator.

Also I have Flown Drones for 5 years, so flying is not the main problem.

I may want to add search utube
Some of our top members here have very useful videos

I may want to add search utube
Some of our top members here have very useful videos

Yeh did that also, all it talks about is how to bind it, take off should just happen, but it does take off in challenges modes, all modes in there are fine...

Yeh I tried that also I hate to say, maybe it’s not windows 10 or something that might be an idea, but they still have it for sale so I bought it to be familiar with the st16?

Try using a different USB port. Since it does fly after a little time has elapsed it sounds like a system communications issue.

Ok, i finally got it to take off, however still having problems, apparently either my Rabbit Mode is not moving all the way up to the top, I looked at the hardware monitor, and played with it and then it went to the top as if it had a dirty connection... then I noticed I had to take off with the Throttle all the way up and push my other stick all the way up at the same time, does anyone know if you have to do this in the simulator? And is there a way to adjust the Rabbit in teh hardware monitor? like a trim for it? Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace