Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Range flight question

never tested the full range of the H
And was wondering if it would RTH as failsafe
(Signal loss)
It's supposed to,I've been out over 2500 ft with the stock anttenna and out over 6000 ft using the Itelite DBS anttenna. Still haven't had any signal loss at all.And welcome to the forum,I gave you your first like!

Reactions: A.I. Thinker
That did not happen on my Q500 4K when it encountered a GPS loss of signal, I immediately operated return home it flew straight past me and would not respond to any input commands, I did eventually find the crashed Q500 4K after checking data on the ST10 controller, at this point I would say Yuneec UK replaced the complete thing FOC because what had happened was backed up by the data on the memory card, I also had a promise that their European headquarters where all the broken pieces were sent, would notify my the cause of this incident, to date I have not heard anything back since April this year.

So I certainly don't think you can rely on the return to home feature if you unfortunately lose the GPS signal, I would probably expect the Typhoon H that I also own to behave the same way, unless Yuneec actually tell me differently their silence and reluctance to put anything in writing on my incident just confirms this, its fair to say after flying several different makes over the years this was a first to totally lose the GPS signal and have no control whatsoever, so I would say this type of incident is not that common given the amount that's flying today.

That did not happen on my Q500 4K when it encountered a GPS loss of signal, I immediately operated return home it flew straight past me and would not respond to any input commands, I did eventually find the crashed Q500 4K after checking data on the ST10 controller, at this point I would say Yuneec UK replaced the complete thing FOC because what had happened was backed up by the data on the memory card, I also had a promise that their European headquarters where all the broken pieces were sent, would notify my the cause of this incident, to date I have not heard anything back since April this year.

So I certainly don't think you can rely on the return to home feature if you unfortunately lose the GPS signal, I would probably expect the Typhoon H that I also own to behave the same way, unless Yuneec actually tell me differently their silence and reluctance to put anything in writing on my incident just confirms this, its fair to say after flying several different makes over the years this was a first to totally lose the GPS signal and have no control whatsoever, so I would say this type of incident is not that common given the amount that's flying today.
My take is that if you lose gps it won't return to the home take off point, supposedly the H will use the st16 as its home point.?

No GPS = No RTH. To try and use RTH with no GPS is like P*ss*ng into the wind: You are only gonna be sorry you tried.

Reactions: Judgeygx
No GPS = No RTH. To try and use RTH with no GPS is like P*ss*ng into the wind: You are only gonna be sorry you tried.

Unfortunately until this happens to you any the craft does not respond to any inputs at all,you have very limited options as mine did not respond to return home it was cancelled straight away but still did not respond to any stick inputs either, and I only ever flown in angle mode so it should have responded to stick inputs, and I'm quite capable of flying without gps as the data revealed at one point during the fly away I had intermittent control for just a couple of seconds I also noted that during the fly away it was flying faster than I have ever seen before, and also it returned back onto the same directional track without any inputs.

I think you may be missing the point here Yuneec would not have given me a complete replacement FOC had they thought this fly away was preventable or due to pilot error, but whilst probably most users/pilots would be grateful Yuneec replaced the the complete craft and left at that,I wanted more I asked customer service to send the smashed parts complete with the data on the memory card to their headquarters for analysis and send me a written report of their findings, so myself and other users could learn and understand what could have caused this to happen, but as I'm experiencing Yuneec headquarters wheels are grinding very slowly and I'm still waiting for answer from them!

What mode were you in?

never tested the full range of the H
And was wondering if it would RTH as failsafe
(Signal loss)
Yes! The Typhoon H will initiate RTH mode when the craft loses signal with the ST16. However; once the H is on it's way back to you and it regains signal with the ST16, the H will hover in that position ready and waiting for you to fly it.

Reactions: A.I. Thinker
In my experience, and this as a result of gps never having worked, as long as you have comms between TH and ST16, the little green arrow will always tell you where you are relative to TH! If you lose GPS, climb to safe height if necessary, use yaw to get green arrow on top position ( facing horizon) and push forward until seen, heard! I have flown blindly this way and relied purely on image and green arrow. Have taken it far and beyond visual range! So far no loss on telemetry! Probably a good idea to invest in antennas that will ensure comms maintained between 2 units!! no need for GPS to get green arrow, trust me I know. Now, help me get GPS so I can try the other functions!. Cheers

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom

I use return to home til bout 50ft then I flip it off. I always land it manually in angle mode. Fly safe.

Reactions: QuadBart
Generally I don't use home mode but if you are a fair way out and momentary get disoriented, yes you can select home mode or if wish to try out home feature is working ok, but I never ever land in home mode I only use angle mode and have full control of landing and location site.

Last edited:
It's supposed to,I've been out over 2500 ft with the stock anttenna and out over 6000 ft using the Itelite DBS anttenna. Still haven't had any signal loss at all.And welcome to the forum,I gave you your first like!
thanks for the welcome and for the like.

Yes! The Typhoon H will initiate RTH mode when the craft loses signal with the ST16. However; once the H is on it's way back to you and it regains signal with the ST16, the H will hover in that position ready and waiting for you to fly it.
thank you for the help. Good to know my baby will come back

Reactions: Moldy_Noldy
thank you for the help. Good to know my baby will come back
No problem! :D
As long as you have GPS lock in with your H and ST16 it will fly back home even if your telemetry gets totally lost. ****! One time I pushed my H so far that the ST16 even got disconnected with the H... displaying on the screen, "RC reconnecting/ Wifi reconnecting". I flipped the Home Mode switch and the H still went home after that. So awesome! But I have to admit that I almost fainted when I saw the RC got disconnected.

Reactions: Goh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval