Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RC Setup - Mode 1 or 2?

Reaction score
Hi,

Finally got my new H+ under warranty, after a crash described in a separate thread. Happy!

Now I would like some advice regarding the two alternative modes of the RC: Mode 1 and Mode 2 for the sticks.

Default is Mode 2. I used this for my first 45 flights before the crash. I however see some logics with Mode 1; all front-back-left-right movements in one stick. Now I am thinking which mode to get trained on, when starting flying again after the time-out.

Please share experience and recommend!

Regards,

Per

If you choose to use Mode 1 just remember just about everyone else uses Mode 2. That means warning others who want to fly your H+ and being aware that if you fly someone else's drone it will likely be Mode 2.

I initially chose, and used to like Mode 2 because vector motion and rotation (yaw) are on separate sticks, which (back in the day) was more helpful for getting stationary panning shots, but of course the camera on the H+ is independent from craft motion so this matters much less (if at all) with the TH series. However, if your usual method of flight is to push forward on elevator to some degree and then alter rudder to steer / change direction then I still find it most useful to have those actions on separate sticks so they can be varied or held in place truly independently with less risk of one action affecting the other...

Mode 2 more closely approximates the controls used in full scale where pitch and roll is set up on one stick. Unlike RC, full scale has yaw and throttle as two separate and independent control functions, which does not work out well on two stick RC transmitters.

I would really like to see how many RC people would hang in there if yaw was handled with the feet as it’s done in full scale[emoji15]. That would be a hoot.

Mode 2 more closely approximates the controls used in full scale where pitch and roll is set up on one stick. Unlike RC, full scale has yaw and throttle as two separate and independent control functions, which does not work out well on two stick RC transmitters.

I would really like to see how many RC people would hang in there if yaw was handled with the feet as it’s done in full scale[emoji15]. That would be a hoot.

I think that would be more like a scoot, Pat:eek:o_O

We program for mode 2 in all of our drones on campus. That seems to be the “Standard” so don’t mess with the other settings if you don’t have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn