Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Real Sense is it worth the extra cash?

I've got no regrets with my RS investment in one TH. I just haven't used it much (yet). I do plan to give it a try in a trip coming up soon where there a lots of live oak trees that overarch the narrow roads on the island.

That could be a good place to have it as GPS can get a little wonky when there are a lot of overhanging trees. Had some of that with the Breeze in Florida this past winter. 16+ satellites and solid positioning outside the canopy, but drifty under the canopy. Still had the satellites, but acted like using GPS indoors.

That could be a good place to have it as GPS can get a little wonky when there are a lot of overhanging trees. Had some of that with the Breeze in Florida this past winter. 16+ satellites and solid positioning outside the canopy, but drifty under the canopy. Still had the satellites, but acted like using GPS indoors.
Right. I had a Q500 get squirrely under a heavy canopy of trees. I don't wish to repeat it with the H.

Its not easy and its pure speculation on my part. However, Intel has provided a lot of information on RealSense and the latest SDK if you look for it.

Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2.0 | Intel® Software

Documentation | Intel® RealSense™ Technology | Intel® Software

Overview of the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera | Intel® Software (this is the new RealSense)
they physically appear different, esp the global shutter one. anyone seen the units on the plus to see if they look different too?

I use realsense often as a demo to my in-store customers of what a drone is capable of in the real world, when camping, hiking, and trail riding..

I personally remove the module during flight most of the time to reduce drag and increase battery life when not needed.

it was one of the reasons I bought the H, works good around large objects, not so good around trees with no leaves.
I've only flown in winter so far, don't know how much better it will be when leafed out.
For example several trees with a 10-20' clear space between outer branches
It most definitely sees the branches when approaching, it turns, moves a bit, then sees the other tree branches, and gets confused as which way to go. It usually figures it out and moves through.
But if I'm at a walking pace, I will get far enough ahead it doesn't seem to be able to recover and catch back up.
It is cool to watch it keep the cam on you as the chopper turns to keep the RS facing forward, run a zig zag pattern or double back to watch it work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight