Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Realsense on-off switch?

Reaction score
Anyone know the pinout of the Realsense cable? Could we put a 2 pos switch on the "Positive Power" wire, to turn it on and off as we please?

I don't have the T-H Pro, but if you go into System Settings and tap on the "Other Settings" button, you will see an option to check if you have Real Sense installed. I am only guessing that if you uncheck that box, that may turn off the Real Sense. I'm also assuming this would be to save battery power, right? If I am right, that would save having to rig a switch to do the same thing. You might also contact Yuneec and ask the question.

I don't have the T-H Pro, but if you go into System Settings and tap on the "Other Settings" button, you will see an option to check if you have Real Sense installed. I am only guessing that if you uncheck that box, that may turn off the Real Sense. I'm also assuming this would be to save battery power, right? If I am right, that would save having to rig a switch to do the same thing. You might also contact Yuneec and ask the question.
the only issue is it does have a separate processor inside, even with the switch off the module still turns on but does not comunicate

Oh wow I'm learning new things all the time. I thought that the RS only turned ON when it was actually in use is that incorrect? The other day I was having a conversation with "azpilot61" & he had mentioned that while on the phone & talking to Yuneec they asked him how he had liked the RS & for his thoughts to which he brang up the topic about lost flight times & noted the additional weight made it so that he was thinking about removing it. Apparently Yuneec mentioned that they have been hearing similar things regarding the unhappiness that the RS was causing reduced flight time etc. & they also mentioned while on the call that those issues could possibly be addressed within a future update!! So I had been curious as to how they might think that they could address such issues by simple ways of just a firmware update, but now that you mentioned that the RS IS in fact staying on even when its not actually being used that makes perfect sense of how they may be thinking of addressing the issue.

As for trying to determine which wire feeds the power into the RS & then possibly adding a switch so that you can make sure that it is indeed shut off & not using any juice, it should be fairly easy if you use a tester then once you find the right wire & still interested in adding on a switch check this switch out that I have made by SkyRC its extremely small & weighs nothing hardly at all & looks nice!!
power%20switch-720x480.jpg

Why not just flick the obs avoid switch? or does it still consume power that way?

Hi!

I'll use an old topic to ask for the same or similar.

Realsense, as idea probably should be good, but in real life is a dangerous thing. With them, the copter goes sluggish, landing is difficult, sometimes just impossible to land. All the time I'm flying with OBS switch on ST16 to the upper position (OBS off).

In "automatic" modes as Follow me etc, it should be useful, I don't know because these modes are useless for me.

Question. How to switch completely off the module in the middle of the flight? Which channel is responsible for it? Any ideas will be more than welcome. Now I just removed it.

Reactions: h-elsner
I just took out my ST16 and used the Channel Output Monitor (double tap Volts icon). The OBS switch and the Rate Slider have no apparent Channel assignment. It appears as though only Channels 1 through 12 are used. It may take using a Zigbee sniffer to see how both are communicated to the aircraft.

The rate slider may be just in software/firmware on the ST16 and just limit the output levels of the channels it has an effect on.

Rate slider is codded to throttle, but if you want you can use it in the mixing process. Tested by me. For exapmle, in the turtle position, minimal trust is limited to 20%, what in a windy situation is a bit more than necessary. You can avoid this to slightly put further the slider, but should know about this issue. Also, some videos on Youtube are available, where one very collaborative german guy explains all about the channels in deep. Seek for Michael Stenger. The videos are long itself, with an explanation from all points of view, but this is the german reality - be patient, the information worths this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval