Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Received new replacement

Reaction score
So as you probably have known I sent my H back, with controller due to shaky video. The first time it went back it flew away on me and became a submarine 20 feet deep in the lagoon. When it came back it was fixed but had shaky video. So just received a brand new one from Yuneec. Was impressed when I saw the order showing charges of close to $2000 but $0 charge for me as they were replacing it. Got it yesterday and opened it and looks nice to bad it was a rainy day. Well test soon how she can fly. Did notice though and its probably just me but when raising the arms into place only 4 of 6 have a click noise. The two that dont have a pronounced clicking sound when raising the arms into place do lock in but need a little more pressure to secure it tightly and allow me to feel confident that its secure. I examined the arms and they of course look normal and nothing seems out of the norm, but what can a person do to get the click sound of securing the arms in place? Should I ignore it? Does everyones arms on their H all click with a pronounced clicking noise? Is this just me looking for perfection? I noticed there are like 3 video of the H being tested on the SD card - so it did pass inspection but just wanted to get yours opinion on the arm clicking sound.

Otherwise my experience and response time to get my H repaired or replaced jumped drastically after I sent an email to all corners of the globe. I was getting frustrated with the time frame that I have been waiting for so long to get my promised props from Yuneec, that I felt they were just stringing me along and hoping I would just forget about it. Well after an email that I sent to all Yuneecs email (Yuneec Europe, Yuneec Americas, Yuneec 中国(上海, Yuneec Asia (HK)) I got the Senior Vice President of Sales - Americas | Yuneec USA Inc. contacting me and Frank from Carolina drones sending me a replacement set of props at no charge. I was impressed. Then I mentioned that my drone was in repair and have only flown in for a max of maybe two weeks due to problems from day one. Well later that day a new replacement was sent to me with three day shipping. Its nice when the big boys get your email, I was looking for someone to escalate my issue and it got escalated as I hoped. WOW, talk about quick response. So FYI, if you have an issue send an email to all corners of the globe and someone high up will see it and respond and help you.

Happy camper, :)

Sam

Reactions: abinder
My first (defective) H, would make a clicking sound when the arms were raised, however when doing a Compass Calibration a couple of the arms would fold. So it didn't mean I had a solid connection. My new one does click. I would put a little pressure on the arm while holding it so as not to put undo pressure on the landing gear, and see if the arm gives or not... Personally, if it didn't fold I'd fly it. But do what gives you confidence in the bird. Not good having something playing with your concentration when flying....

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Sam,
2 of my motor arms do NOT click into place, but are plenty secure. I have added tapping them from the top to make sure they are secure to my preflight checks.
I think it depends on how the metal spring tab sits inside the motor arm as to our hearing or not hearing the click sound.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
When I tap on my arms that don't click they're pretty secure I just don't hear the clicking sound . It's probably nothing to worry about but I'm gonna keep my eye on it for a bit just to make sure.

This arm clicking was one of the reason i sent my H back (was repaired and returned in 1 week thanks to Yuneec Uk), I suspect if you apply a little downward pressure these arms will not stay locked, and it's something that will get worse with time.
The good news is that the fix is probably just a swap of the clips inside the arm. I've been told by Yuneec that this is just a simple 5 min repair and I could do it myself. So maybe if you want to keep flying just ask for the replacement clips to be sent out to you and do it yourself.
Out of curiosity, I have seen in another video that someone had this on their arm at 3'oclock, my two affected arms were at 1'oclock and 3o'clock, which were yours? ) I'm counting clockwise looking at the H from the back to the front.

One of the arms was very weak slightest downward pressure would unlock it and some as others have said don't click when locked, when the TH was back to Yuneec UK, they fixed the weak arm but some of the others still don't click when locked although if you apply downward pressure on then they don't unlock, so I guess Yuneec consider this is ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval