Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Removing flight restrictions

Reaction score
I'm getting my commercial drone pilot rating and need to find out how to get the firmware update from Yuneec that removes the take off restriction near airports. Of course I plan to get permission from the nearest airport to avoid legal issues. How do I get this update from Yuneec?

I'm getting my commercial drone pilot rating and need to find out how to get the firmware update from Yuneec that removes the take off restriction near airports. Of course I plan to get permission from the nearest airport to avoid legal issues. How do I get this update from Yuneec?
Get a COA(Certificate of Authorization) from the FAA, Contact Yuneec, they will give a code to unlock it, but I heard than have not started doing it as of yet? If you get the 107 Pilots Certification, you can request a Waiver from the airport, that will satisfy also, Yuneec just needs to get on the ball ! :confused:

Reactions: uavpilotsd
Thanks, I will do that. Should have my new FAA remote pilot drone commercial rating soon as the FAA fixes and updates their IACRA website and the local FSDO office verifies my paperwork. I want to use the drone commercially so need ability to do video around Clairemont and Mission Valley and with Montgomery field and Lindbeg field that requires that Geo fencing restrictions are removed from the Q500.

Reactions: DroneClone
There will be serial number in the H when connected to the GUI. This number is different to any other serial numbers on boxes, camera or machine. This is needed by Yuneec to generate the restriction lifting code.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will do that. Should have my new FAA remote pilot drone commercial rating soon as the FAA fixes and updates their IACRA website and the local FSDO office verifies my paperwork. I want to use the drone commercially so need ability to do video around Clairemont and Mission Valley and with Montgomery field and Lindbeg field that requires that Geo fencing restrictions are removed from the Q500.
Sounds great! best of wishes in you works!:)

Fortunately all that I had to do was take the free online FAA UAV course which I did to complete the requirements since I am already a pilot. Drones are a lot of fun!

Actually now it is easier. I just had to sign release liability form and give Yuneec my serial # from drone to get the firmware. Just downloaded the GUI app and USB driver so will get to try that as well.

Hi everyone, can you please explain me how to get the serial number step by step? And if there are different ways to download that firmware according to the country rules?
Many thanks

Serial number is on the bottom of your drone. Flip it over and it should be there easy to find.

So the only thing i have to do to get the firmware that avoid the NFZ is going to the Yuneec official website and download the latest firmware giving my quadcopter serial Number?

No, you send an email to Yuneec support or call them and they will have you sign a waiver release form then provide the firmware to remove the restriction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval