Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RTICWOLF from Las Vegas!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just got a Typhoon H Pro with RealSense and have not yet taken it for its first flight. I have been learning am much as I can about this particular drone before taking it out. I also have a GoPro Karma drone that I have been flying for about 1.5 years, but maybe only 15-20 flights in that time. I want to really get more into drone flight which is why I opted to step up to this drone.

I already purchased the EV3 charger based on what I have read here and as I write this I am running the storage mode on the two batteries I have (after I fully charged them with the stock charger just a few days ago and before I read all the info on this site, which is great BTW). I am not exactly sure when my first flight will be, so I thought it was a good idea based on all the info I have read.

I did notice the labels on both the batteries had the "puffy" feeling on the labels, but I notice my Karma batteries also have some "give" on the label part, but those do not feel "puffy". I read on this site that some people have used the Typhoon batteries since 2016 that way and they are fine, and others say to get new ones. The unit I bought is manufacturer refurbished if that makes any difference. Everything came in the Yuneec brown box and inside the backpack with 2 batteries, the better ST16 controller with 3 antennas, and all the accessories including the wand. Looks new to me. When I first inserted the batteries into the EV3 today they said 98% charged and each cell was within .01 or .02 of each other, so to me that seemed like they are healthy, is that correct? I believe that each cell was about 4.21v and within .01v or .02v of that, on both batteries. Took about a little over 3 hours on the EV3 in storage mode to get them to 3.85v where it shut off. The more "puffy" one took about 10 mins longer to complete. I now have them both in a LiPo bag. The other battery barely has a bit of a "puffy" feeling to it, but the other makes me wonder, but both seem to be good across the cells for voltage per what the EV3 said from the start. So what do you all think?

I look forward to being a part of this forum and flying with you all. Oh, and I am registered with the FAA and plan to do the full Part 107 in the near future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval