Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rule breakers getting the good work

Archy,

I'm afraid the reckless operation factor is about to get a lot worse instead of better. People currently changing parameters in DJI code restrictions are in some cases acting like a 2 year old in a candy store and doing things in the air that should not be done. I don't know if the doorway into the Assistant was intentional or not but I'm certain the ramifications at the regulatory level will not be good.

I just stumbled upon an unbelievable video.. and I mean it on the bad, unbelievable, way.

What I know: It was recorded on Israel, the dude has been reported to several authorities, people are reporting the video on YT to get it removed (he has another similar btw) and it's causing a ruckus.. every single UAV pilot has expressed their dissaproval.

Check it out, make sure to give it a thumbs down and report to get it off the net.. He's definitely promoting it as "a cool video" smh...

It's in a foreign country, but it doesn't matter, affects every one of us..

I just stumbled upon an unbelievable video.. and I mean it on the bad, unbelievable, way.

What I know: It was recorded on Israel, the dude has been reported to several authorities, people are reporting the video on YT to get it removed (he has another similar btw) and it's causing a ruckus.. every single UAV pilot has expressed their dissaproval.

Check it out, make sure to give it a thumbs down and report to get it off the net.. He's definitely promoting it as "a cool video" smh...

It's in a foreign country, but it doesn't matter, affects every one of us..

Bloody idiot thinks he is very coooooooooooooooolllll.

NS films&editing

He has been caught, is under house arrest, and his aircraft and computer have been confiscated. I doubt that's the end of it, Israel is not a place to be reckless.

Reactions: photomike72
What I don't understand is why hasn't that video been taken down yet? They've got the pr*ck that made it and I expect that they've downloaded the evidence, so why is it still viewable?

My biggest bone of contention is recreational users (those that do not have a licence) taking paid for flights. Anyone doing it in the area that I'm likely to operate is, essentially, robbing me and other PfCO holders of cash. I spent a lot of money and classroom time to get my PfCO. Ensuring I have two operational aircraft, and paying through the nose for commercial insurance, so it really gets on my nipples when I see amateurs without the necessary qualifications taking commercial jobs. Whenever I learn of someone doing it I will report them in the blink of an eye.
Further, in my view, if someone is prepared to take on a commercial job illegally, then they are prepared to break other laws for their own gains. Their aircraft aren't registered (at the moment there is no requirement for a hobby flyer to register their aircraft in the U.K.) so if it goes down on a crowd, say, there would be a good chance they will get away with it.

Indeed.
There's plenty out there that will break the rules and endanger people. Giving us a bad name as well !

The bad thing about all this is .. almost every advertisement/commercial video about drones are showing them flying in all the wrong places, flying over busy streets, flying over crowded beaches, flying down crowded roadways, flying over crowds, etc, etc. These drone companies need to stop showing videos promoting that they can fly in areas they shouldn't. The masses see these ads, go buy a drone of some type unaware there are rules/laws when it comes to flying them, they are going to ruin it for us all. I fly responsibly and if I see someone breaking the rules/law I will confront them.

Here's something to consider. In years past the Airplane Owner's and Pilot's Association, or AOPA, pretty much rejected the concept of automated flight platforms. They rejected it because their membership opposed it as threatening the livelihood of commercial aviators. there were,and still are, concerns over flight safety in mixing manned and unmanned aircraft in the same sky. Several months ago AOPA threw their doors open, offering membership for those that fly drones. Currently the offered programs are limited, but they are expanding rapidly. They offer insurance resources, training programs, positive publicity in the monthly magazine, and other things. At the moment what is available is limited but what there is is more than is being offered by anyone else. The AOPA really does appear to be very interested in the small drone user for several reasons. One has the small drone user being given a place to learn more about aviation and become a better, safer operator. Another reason is that some drone operators may develop an interest in becoming a full scale pilot, which the AOPA can be very assisting with.

I am a member, and have been for decades due to my previous association with manned aircraft. I can candidly say the AOPA has never caused me any harm, has been quite helpful where aviation legal matters, aircraft registration, aircraft financing, and insurance has been concerned. The magazine has been extremely informative and provided an easy to use form of continuing aviation education for me. If the multirotor community was to throw their weight in the direction of the AOPA I'm certain the features and opportunities the AOPA could open for us are pretty much unlimited. We would be joining an organization that has supported freedom to use the sky since the day of their inception, something they are actively engaged in today. By adding ourselves to the AOPA we would be gaining a unified voice that actually carries some weight in federal airspace legislation. Our combined efforts as multirotor operators, whether commercial or amateur, could assist in better educating those in manned aviation of our activities and capabilities, reducing the fear mongering that we now see daily.

The AMA is only concerned with amateur operations, and truly don't offer much for the multirotor operator. The legislation they support is generally more focused on issues more applicable to RC model aviation performed at small flying fields and not all that inclusive of what we do within the model aviation community. They seem to be more concerned with protecting their revenue sources than they are about helping the modeling public. Commercial operators really have no organization they could join to promote what we do. What is available is tailored to large sUAS and UAV development, manufacturing, and marketing, with that marketing targeting civil and military buyers. Other groups that appear to support "smaller" drone operations are more focused in supporting companies like Amazon and Google in their quest to open the skies for package delivery, which will certainly be cause to limit us further. Look at the membership of the FAA's Drone Advisory Committee to gain an idea who the people are that are forming the rules the FAA will be lobbied by big money to enact. That group is not favorable to our continued freedom. The beneficiaries of their efforts will be big business and government interests, with emphasis for aerospace corporations.

So there is an organization with considerable public exposure and political clout. Their purpose is to promote aviation in a positive image, promote aviation safety, and work to keep our access to the sky open to all. We but only need to link up with them to become part of and have a voice in the larger picture, It does cost money to join, but that cost is less than AMA membership. The inevitable argument about not having AMA insurance doesn't work very well. If you've ever had any experience with their insurance program you already know how restrictive the coverage is, where an accident has to occur to be covered, the safety standards that had to have been met for the insurance to be applicable, etc. If you have a multirotor accident that involves other persons or property, I hope they were standing at an AMA sanctioned flying field when the accident occurred.

Take a look at the AOPA. They are the first to extend to us the hand of friendship.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why hasn't that video been taken down yet? They've got the pr*ck that made it and I expect that they've downloaded the evidence, so why is it still viewable?

I reported the vid @YouTube and asked to remove.
If we all do that it might help, dunno...

I reported it too, as terrorism. I saw the video as a glorification of putting an unarmed guided missile in front of an Isreali aircraft. Terrorism.

Not breaking the rules can present a few hectic moments. I've had a couple shoots this past week and another tomorrow that are located at or near area wildfire locations. Reviewing TFR status, follow up calls to main and local fire command units, and continual updating to assure multirotor ops can be conducted can be a lot of work. The FAA TFR site is down for maintenance at the moment, making fire command contact that much more important.

I guess the point in all this is we have the ability to assure public safety in all that we do but there will be times we'll have to put a little more "want to" into the process than usual. Expending the additional legwork pays off in good PR and building good relationships with the authorities. You have to want to and follow up accordingly.

Reactions: archybaker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss