Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Satelite connections

Reaction score
what do you guys normally get on start up ? I have seen maybe 18 on the St16 and about the same on the H, I only ask as I was out today down my local sea front and before I knew it , a huge weather front rolled in over the cliffs. The H was out to sea and I turned her around and battled some really strong winds to get back. I noticed that my Satelite connections had halved, but managed to get back and landed on my truck before the monsoon type rain came in !!

what do you guys normally get on start up ? I have seen maybe 18 on the St16 and about the same on the H, I only ask as I was out today down my local sea front and before I knew it , a huge weather front rolled in over the cliffs. The H was out to sea and I turned her around and battled some really strong winds to get back. I noticed that my Satelite connections had halved, but managed to get back and landed on my truck before the monsoon type rain came in !!
I get anything between 16 and 20 by the time I'm ready for take off...average 18. Allot depends where you are and the satellite mask: If next to a large hill you are gonna get less.

You need to change your name to one lucky guy.lol.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If moderate storm weather affects satelite reception then you have bigger issues. It should not happen unless the GPS recepter is a bit weak, but I doubt that is the case since the Typhoon GPS receiver accepts Glonass as well as standard GPS. Very strange that this occured.

Now the ST 16 can possibly gain and lose satelites each time you position your body to face a different direction (your body shields the GPS signal).

If moderate storm weather affects satelite reception then you have bigger issues. It should not happen unless the GPS recepter is a bit weak, but I doubt that is the case since the Typhoon GPS receiver accepts Glonass as well as standard GPS. Very strange that this occured.

Now the ST 16 can possibly gain and lose satelites each time you position your body to face a different direction (your body shields the GPS signal).

Will take it out tmw at the same location as the weather looks good, and see how many Satelite links I get. I will check my telemetry out from today also.

I've found you can get anything from about twelve to twenty sats also depends on your location and time of day, I been to exactly the same spot and got twenty then gone back to same spot maybe different day and time and only get twelve to fourteen, so there are variables from day to day and time it seems.

I use UAV Forecast app on my phone. It shows the number of sats available each hour of the day.

I also use UAV Forecast as well, but I have noticed the wind speed they predict is not always that accurate for your location, I have never checked the accuracy of sats available to what the ST16 finds.

I also use UAV Forecast as well, but I have noticed the wind speed they predict is not always that accurate for your location, I have never checked the accuracy of sats available to what the ST16 finds.
I agree. Wind isn't too accurate but still a good indication. I have found, though, that the GPS is fairly accurate from my Phantom experience so long as you have a realistic satellite mask chosen.

The UAV Forecast app reports winds from ground stations, never higher. The winds aloft will nearly always be higher and perhaps more gusty.

The UAV Forecast app reports winds from ground stations, never higher. The winds aloft will nearly always be higher and perhaps more gusty.
I disagree. You can set the height that you want the report to reflect. I currently have it set to 33 ft but you can set it to 400 just as easily.

Ahh, edit to say I've just noticed you said 'app'. I dunno about the app. I access it through my laptop on the internet.

Reactions: Luckyleaf
I disagree. You can set the height that you want the report to reflect. I currently have it set to 33 ft but you can set it to 400 just as easily.

Ahh, edit to say I've just noticed you said 'app'. I dunno about the app. I access it through my laptop on the internet.
Yes, you can set it on the web page but not the app. Not sure about the paid app. Maybe they have more settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis