Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sd card for tornado plus

Reaction score
What do you recommend for a sd card for a tornado just got it .I also have a h just a hobbyist not a pro?

This is what I use, and it works out for me because I can use it in all of my other DSLR's, camcorders, etc. The 16GB cards are cheap now and I rarely need more capacity than that for a single shoot. I keep eight of these on hand at any given time, haven't had any issues in about two years of use.

SD card.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly, Lexar has been the main target for fake cards. I have one that is useless.

Amazon has been running quite a sale on SanDisk cards. I normally use 64g cards and those have been running ~$20.00 of late there. Without looking at one to confirm, U3, SanDisk Extreme Pro.

People flying a 920 might want to consider cards with more than 32 gigs capacity. 32 gig is fine for a Typhoon H as it only flies for 8-15 minutes at a time. 4k video can eat up to a gig a minute of video recording time. The 920 can do 20 minute flights so a 32 gig card can be filled to capacity in two flights. Unless you carry a bunch of cards that can make for a short days’ shooting.

Reactions: Racepro60
For the handheld mechanism for the 920 plus can you use an I pad with wifi only? Information will be greatly appreciated

For the handheld mechanism for the 920 plus can you use an I pad with wifi only? Information will be greatly appreciated
I don't use IOS devices but so long as you can download the app - it should work. But where would you mount the pad? You would probably be better served with an iphone. There isn't much benefit to a bigger screen with the handheld.

It comes with a mount. Just trying to find out the best way to go without the waste of money in trial and error

Amazon has been running quite a sale on SanDisk cards. I normally use 64g cards and those have been running ~$20.00 of late there. Without looking at one to confirm, U3, SanDisk Extreme Pro.
Pat,
Can you tell me why the cgo4 camera has 2 card slots and the purpose of each card. The info I have for the cgo4 doesn't seem to address them.

I’ve only seen one card slot on mine. If you have two, use the one on the end that accepts a standard SD card. Do not use a micro SD card and adaptor.

I’ve only seen one card slot on mine. If you have two, use the one on the end that accepts a standard SD card. Do not use a micro SD card and adaptor.
Ok. It said that in the brochure that came with mine however it came with a micro card in an adapter in that slot. There is another covered slot that says TF.card on my cgo4. I read elsewhere that a micro sd card will fit and work in a TF slot. I haven't opened the cgo4 that came with the second 920+ but will do that today and compare. It would be interesting if there is a difference in it. Thanks. I will get back to you.

I saw that slot on my CG04 and assumed it was for firmware updates etc. It would be nice if it were a redundancy, but if so I would think that it would be advertised as such. I just wish the sd card slot wasn't such a pita to get to.

Last edited:
I saw that slot on my CG04 and assumed it was for firmware updates etc. It would be nice if it were a redundancy, but if so I would think that it would be advertised as such. I just with the sd card slot wasn't such a pita to get to.
It definitely says TF card on the rubber cover. The V18 has a similar slot and label. Thanks. Guess it's still somewhat of a mystery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430