Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD card help, please.

Reaction score
I hate to ask about something so simple, but I’m gone through many of searches and have yet to find a solution.

I had my first accident today, and flew into the side of a mountain. While I wait on repair/upgrade parts, I decided to use my other THpro. Since no one was ever able to figure out what was wrong with my second controller, I did a soft reset on my main controller and bound the second drone to it. No problem.

However, it says “SD Card not detected”. It’s a new card, and newly formatted. I tried ejecting and reinserting, with the same result. I also tried using the card from the first drone, but no better.

is my camera shot, or is there some trick I can do to help the SDcard be recognized?

thanks. :)

Try another card. What's the LED on the camera doing?

I had an issue with my sd card not been detected. I formatted it on a laptop and then while inserted in the camera. It might not be the same issue but worth a go.

Was the camera from the first drone damaged?
If it is not damaged, mount the camera from the first drone and see if it gives the same message.

that works fine.
Id still like to figure out why the other camera won’t read cards though.

Last edited:
The card reader is mounted on the Camera's WiFi board. Sometimes they just quit working, and you have to replace the Wifi Board.
However sometimes, it is just a matter of some corrosion on the SD card reader contacts, or some debris down in the reader.
If it is corrosion, some folks have been able to clean them off by wetting the SD card with contact cleaner or alcohol. Insert/remove the wet SD card a few times to clean off the contacts. Of course, don't spray cleaner or pour alcohol directly into the SD card reader.
If it is debris, you can use some "canned air" to try to blow out the debris. "Canned Air" is often available at stores that sell computers/keyboards, etc.

If neither of these work, it may be necessary to replace the WiFi board.

The card reader is mounted on the Camera's WiFi board. Sometimes they just quit working, and you have to replace the Wifi Board.
However sometimes, it is just a matter of some corrosion on the SD card reader contacts, or some debris down in the reader.
If it is corrosion, some folks have been able to clean them off by wetting the SD card with contact cleaner or alcohol. Insert/remove the wet SD card a few times to clean off the contacts. Of course, don't spray cleaner or pour alcohol directly into the SD card reader.
If it is debris, you can use some "canned air" to try to blow out the debris. "Canned Air" is often available at stores that sell computers/keyboards, etc.

If neither of these work, it may be necessary to replace the WiFi board.

thank you. I will try those things.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval