Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Send it In or Not?

Reaction score
Some of you have seen my issue with my camera in "Auto" settings for video recordings. It does not auto adjust well, even if any ! And I have dark area all across the bottom half of video , while mid to upper section is nice. I have been told to lower horizon to no more than 1/3 and it somewhat works. Why? other copter cameras I fly in auto have great video's, non of this issue at all !
Then I see a few others video's on here and they say they are in auto and full sky and not a single dark area on lower section whatsoever ! I can get a decent vid in manual and with ND filters, but the auto mode sucks ! It just will not seem to self adjust, which is what auto should do, even if you turn towards sun, it should auto brightness adjust, but not on mine.
I have called Yuneec and they say to send it back, but before I even think about it, I want to see if this is a everyone type of camera thing, or do you think I got a bunk camera?
Yes, I took the plastic protective cover off ! LOL !:mad:

Some of you have seen my issue with my camera in "Auto" settings for video recordings. It does not auto adjust well, even if any ! And I have dark area all across the bottom half of video , while mid to upper section is nice. I have been told to lower horizon to no more than 1/3 and it somewhat works. Why? other copter cameras I fly in auto have great video's, non of this issue at all !
Then I see a few others video's on here and they say they are in auto and full sky and not a single dark area on lower section whatsoever ! I can get a decent vid in manual and with ND filters, but the auto mode sucks ! It just will not seem to self adjust, which is what auto should do, even if you turn towards sun, it should auto brightness adjust, but not on mine.
I have called Yuneec and they say to send it back, but before I even think about it, I want to see if this is a everyone type of camera thing, or do you think I got a bunk camera?
Yes, I took the plastic protective cover off ! LOL !:mad:

Even though this is my first day and am flying as fast as I can charge the battery I am not experiencing the dark area that I have seen in your video's .
I would say it adjust very well at least as good as my Phantom between the bright sky and land.

I am however disappointed in the over all focus of the H. I have many video's of my neighborhood and compared to the H
the Phantom focus is much sharper. I am seeing several other complaints about the same, this could be a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: DroneClone
Same here , my h video is just dark . im using the remote view though , dont know if once i look at it on my computer it will get better .

It is where you Point the camera. I observed It and when it was
Horizontal the bottom was darker but when I angled it down it lighten up to normal

It is where you Point the camera. I observed It and when it was
Horizontal the bottom was darker but when I angled it down it lighten up to normal
Thanks, but I am just not used to having to worry abot my horizontal angle with my other drones, they capture auto without that worry ! Thnaks for tip though !

Thanks, but I am just not used to having to worry abot my horizontal angle with my other drones, they capture auto without that worry ! Thnaks for tip though !

OK DC, took the H out just before sundown last night and I have the same problem you have.
If I point more at the sky the ground turns very dark.
It also had a hard time maintaining white balance, ground turning orange.
And that focus for me, terrible.

My Phantom camera is much better at handling all of these situations.

Reactions: DroneClone
OK DC, took the H out just before sundown last night and I have the same problem you have.
If I point more at the sky the ground turns very dark.
It also had a hard time maintaining white balance, ground turning orange.
And that focus for me, terrible.

My Phantom camera is much better at handling all of these situations.
So are mine, but it is manual adjust time I guess, Piece of S*#t camera, sorry, but I only speak the truth and Yuneec needs facts , not nice words! $1.300 bucks for a flying K Mart camera !:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval