Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sent your CGO3+ to Yuneec for refocus? Well…..

dxer - I agree, the pictures are TOTALLY different. Huge difference. HOWEVER, the difference is 100% camera. Nothing was changed on the ST16 (meaning the 'gorgeous' setting was not used). I don't use any electronic filters when I shoot video or photo and instead choose to do any alterations post processing. In this case I specifically wanted to show a difference between the 'original' camera and the 'replacement' camera. The fact that the difference is so pronounced even though no additional changes or settings were introduced shows both how bad the original was and how good the replacement is.

Specifically, I can look to the very edges of the photo and I see a dramatic reduction in blur that is different than the differences in sharpness seen at the center. That difference is something that cannot be achieved by using an electronic filter as it would provide the same sharpening across the entire image, not just specific portions of the image.

Your opinion may be that this image has been manipulated or altered in some way. I know 100% that it has not been. I have no reason to lie or post falsehoods on this (or any other) post or blog. I'd appreciate it if you didn't besmirch my integrity by trying to insinuate that I am trying to be anything but helpful here.

dxer - I agree, the pictures are TOTALLY different. Huge difference. HOWEVER, the difference is 100% camera. Nothing was changed on the ST16 (meaning the 'gorgeous' setting was not used). I don't use any electronic filters when I shoot video or photo and instead choose to do any alterations post processing. In this case I specifically wanted to show a difference between the 'original' camera and the 'replacement' camera. The fact that the difference is so pronounced even though no additional changes or settings were introduced shows both how bad the original was and how good the replacement is.

Specifically, I can look to the very edges of the photo and I see a dramatic reduction in blur that is different than the differences in sharpness seen at the center. That difference is something that cannot be achieved by using an electronic filter as it would provide the same sharpening across the entire image, not just specific portions of the image.

Your opinion may be that this image has been manipulated or altered in some way. I know 100% that it has not been. I have no reason to lie or post falsehoods on this (or any other) post or blog. I'd appreciate it if you didn't besmirch my integrity by trying to insinuate that I am trying to be anything but helpful here.
I just wanted to point out that this was not about lens refocusing. Obviously this camera had other issues and I just stated how before and after image looks like.

Don't worry, I never meant you lie or anything.....I mean there are many different issues with H we are learning about so I surely don't want to diminish your or anyone else issuess while we all together hope that it will be all sorted out eventually.

Reactions: NismoNinja
Der_stig_in_the_mud is probably paid by DJI. Everyone sees he is just here to post negative comments about the H. Claims to be a photographer but does not seem to understand much about it.

DJI Pays me? No. I understand much more about photography than you ever will but keep thinking you have a clue

DJI Pays me? No. I understand much more about photography than you ever will but keep thinking you have a clue
When are you going to show us your proof of your camera focused at 9" and still sharp at infinity? How about your formula for hyperfocal distance where you used a CoC is .0216mm or the size of one pixel?
Please enlighten us. :)

Nismo,
I do not care what anyone else has to say. I will trade cameras with you any day. WOW what a difference. I have to agree with you, if it makes you do a happy dance that is all that matters.

Reactions: NismoNinja
His posts bear an uncanny style resemblance to someone using a different name in another forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my only name that I post under. This is the only drone related forum I post under. Any other resemblances are purely unintended.

Also - dxer. Thanks for the clarification. I have been attacked a few other times and I'm a little overly sensitive. I appreciate your response.

And for the even present DerStig..... Yes, there ARE better cameras. Yes, there are other options. Yes, the camera isn't perfect. I could mount a $10,000 camera on a drone platform that cost me $15,000 to build and get perfect cinematic quality. That's great for you, but I have things like mortgage and a family to feed. Your useless derogatory statements on the lack of superiority of the CGO3+ camera compared to other options has precisely zero purpose on this forum. This forum is to discuss the Typhoon H and the included CGO3+ camera and tips/tricks to get the most out of the included equipment, NOT a unrelenting bashing of that equipment without any solutions offered to make this platform be the best it can be. Until you are able/willing to provide tips and tricks using your ever so profound and voluminous knowledge of camera and video systems, please take your negativity elsewhere. It's not welcome here. If you are willing to provide HELPFUL tips on getting the most out of this platform AS IS or with MINIMAL additional investment, please go elsewhere.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I have two TH's. Just sent one to Carolina Dronz to install a new PixAero 3.77mm, f2.8 lens. They have 50 arriving this week. Below is a link to a sample video. It is in German, but you can seen the video quality. Once I receive it back, I will send my other H camera back to Yuneec to either focus the lens or send a newer camera with a better focus on it. The Pix Aero lens is $130, Rather than messing with the install and focusing especially with the delicate ribbon cable, I am paying $125 for them to install it and focus it on site. Hopefully my investment will be worth it with improved quality.

Wind test of Typhoon H + lens PixAero 3.77mm

PixAaero Lens Focus Test with Typhoon H

PixAero lens Test with Typhoon H no color correction

Comparison between H Standard and Pixaero Lenses

So it's not only sharpness but PixAero lens produce better colors and it seems removes too much light if any.

there is a ton of in camera sharpening going on in that second photo. you can see it in the ringing in all the high contrast transitions and in the roof of the truck where it should be a continuous tone. There is also a fair bit of chromatic aberration in that second shot.
Hey, Der! The abberation you speak of - it's only on like the left side of the house, right? Well, that's where I saw it, anyway. It's also in the original, so I don't think Yuneec does anything to correct that.
But on to my question. I am trying to get the hyperlocal distance for my CGO 3+. Do you know whether it's the Exmor, Exmor R or the Pentax Q chip Yuneec uses? Also, if you know DEFINITIVELY what the CoC is, that would be amazing. I've done my calculations using the Zeiss formula, but that doesn't leave me with the most confidence. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
This is my only name that I post under. This is the only drone related forum I post under. Any other resemblances are purely unintended.

Also - dxer. Thanks for the clarification. I have been attacked a few other times and I'm a little overly sensitive. I appreciate your response.

And for the even present DerStig..... Yes, there ARE better cameras. Yes, there are other options. Yes, the camera isn't perfect. I could mount a $10,000 camera on a drone platform that cost me $15,000 to build and get perfect cinematic quality. That's great for you, but I have things like mortgage and a family to feed. Your useless derogatory statements on the lack of superiority of the CGO3+ camera compared to other options has precisely zero purpose on this forum. This forum is to discuss the Typhoon H and the included CGO3+ camera and tips/tricks to get the most out of the included equipment, NOT a unrelenting bashing of that equipment without any solutions offered to make this platform be the best it can be. Until you are able/willing to provide tips and tricks using your ever so profound and voluminous knowledge of camera and video systems, please take your negativity elsewhere. It's not welcome here. If you are willing to provide HELPFUL tips on getting the most out of this platform AS IS or with MINIMAL additional investment, please go elsewhere.

I was referring to derStig with the reference to writing style and name used here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Funny how derstig can break rule #3 and get away with it.
3. Do not post libelous remarks or misleading information.

He post's misleading information all the time

This honestly sounds like a 15 year old kid, with using a lot of google to impersonate someone else...seems to be a very lonely character, maybe we should just have pity on him, yes stig, good, stig, you're right stig.

Hey, Der! The abberation you speak of - it's only on like the left side of the house, right? Well, that's where I saw it, anyway. It's also in the original, so I don't think Yuneec does anything to correct that.
But on to my question. I am trying to get the hyperlocal distance for my CGO 3+. Do you know whether it's the Exmor, Exmor R or the Pentax Q chip Yuneec uses? Also, if you know DEFINITIVELY what the CoC is, that would be amazing. I've done my calculations using the Zeiss formula, but that doesn't leave me with the most confidence. Thanks!!!!
Bad buzz about Der. I can't speak to the posts he does, but I still have my problem and love to get a resolution by anything ne that has any information that could help me with which chip yuneev uses, and the CoC of the chip/lens combination in order to get a solution d focus point for my new lens. Best to you all!

Mark

Bad buzz about Der. I can't speak to the posts he does, but I still have my problem and love to get a resolution by anything ne that has any information that could help me with which chip yuneev uses, and the CoC of the chip/lens combination in order to get a solution d focus point for my new lens. Best to you all!

Mark
Just call Yuneec and they will sort you out, going by the many previous out of focus camera (mine included) they may just send you a replacement in focus.

Reactions: Mark Davini
any information that could help me with which chip yuneev uses, and the CoC of the chip/lens combination in order to get a solution d focus point for my new lens. Best to you all!

Mark, you are speaking way above my pay grade. I'm thinking the majority of current 4K cameras all use the same Sony chip, maybe you can google around and find it. I wish I knew more. My stock camera is doing an acceptable job for me. When you find your info, kindly pass it along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval