Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Setting the clock on the ST16

Reaction score
I haven't seen much regarding this issue. The only time I saw anything regarding this was once when I posted on the FB groups and one or two replies confirming the same issue.

HOW CAN THE CLOCK BE SET?

When I try to set the clock (Pad/Settings/Clock) the time continues to revert back to the previous default time every time I go back to the H flight app. There seems to be no way to set the clock and make it stick.

How can I set the clock and make it stick?

You cannot. It's a firmware issue and is not going to be fixed.

Time on the ST-16 is reset to 'GPS time' as soon as you get a fix at the start of a flight. The Android settings will be overridden. Unfortunately, GPS time does not take any account of your actual time zone or things like summer time offsets.

Is it off by an hour or is the date and time way off?
It's off by one hour. Date is correct. The time is as if it is PST rather than PDT. So it is fine if we'd just get rid of the ridiculous Daylight Saving Time nonsense!!!!

It's careless for Yuneec to overlook this. This wasn't a problem with the ST10. Imagine if this is a problem with the ST16S and the H520! It's marketed to commercial and business people. They aren't going to take too kindly to not being able to set the time.

You cannot. It's a firmware issue and is not going to be fixed.

Time on the ST-16 is reset to 'GPS time' as soon as you get a fix at the start of a flight. The Android settings will be overridden. Unfortunately, GPS time does not take any account of your actual time zone or things like summer time offsets.

In fact it seems to very much take into account my time zone. It just doesn't account for Daylight Saving Time. It's only one hour behind but the fact that the ST10 didn't have this problem and the ST16 does seems awfully careless on Yuneec's part.

In fact it seems to very much take into account my time zone. It just doesn't account for Daylight Saving Time. It's only one hour behind but the fact that the ST10 didn't have this problem and the ST16 does seems awfully careless on Yuneec's part.

Sorry, I should have worded that differently :) It knows where you are in the world, so it uses your 'GPS timezone' but it ignores the timezone you set on the controller. It also ignores daylight saving, so it's often an hour out, and if you're close to a time zone border it can be two or three hours out. The reason for the difference (I think) is that the ST-16 synchronises with the Typhoon so you can have Smart Mode using the two GPS units - the ST-10 doesn't have that facility so it can ignore the GPS on the Q500 for time.

Sorry, I should have worded that differently :) It knows where you are in the world, so it uses your 'GPS timezone' but it ignores the timezone you set on the controller. It also ignores daylight saving, so it's often an hour out, and if you're close to a time zone border it can be two or three hours out. The reason for the difference (I think) is that the ST-16 synchronises with the Typhoon so you can have Smart Mode using the two GPS units - the ST-10 doesn't have that facility so it can ignore the GPS on the Q500 for time.

Thank you.

However, my ST10 does have a GPS in it since that's how the "Follow Me" works. I use it all the time. The display is virtually identical to the ST16 with GPS signal strength in the upper right corner for the ST10 just like with the ST16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy