Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shaky Video

Reaction score
I just got my H back from being repaired and went out today for some flying with it really for the first time. I did update the H to the latest firmware today and it went well. So when I went out to the park today - I sent the H up and I am seeing a lot of shakiness in the video and I never seen this before with the H prior to repair. They said they replaced my camera with a new one since it was destroyed from the crash. Anybody have any ideas as to why this is occurring with the new camera??? Any ideas? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Sam

Wow
Its like one of your dampers is not attached or one of your props is really out of balance. Seems to get worse when you move the H from one spot to another.

There are videos on YouTube that showing you how to balance without a prop balancer and others that show you how to build one. In the end I just bought one.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Samuel Fowler
Is there anyway to test the props without having to buy a gadget to test it?? Is there any DYI prop checkers??? LOL

These props being quick connect it would be hard. I also would be really surprised to see Yuneec props so far out of balance to give that much jello. Yuneec has some of the best balanced props from the factory unless there is a chip in one or two then you have a problem. Have you looked at the H with the props just spinning on the ground to see if there is any vibration on any of the arms. Also can you switch the blades around ?

Reactions: KBflyer
These props being quick connect it would be hard. I also would be really surprised to see Yuneec props so far out of balance to give that much jello. Yuneec has some of the best balanced props from the factory unless there is a chip in one or two then you have a problem. Have you looked at the H with the props just spinning on the ground to see if there is any vibration on any of the arms. Also can you switch the blades around ?

Yes I will try that hopefully tomorrow and see whats happening. There is no chips or breakage on the props. I have extras...just they are all together.

I just got my H back from being repaired and went out today for some flying with it really for the first time. I did update the H to the latest firmware today and it went well. So when I went out to the park today - I sent the H up and I am seeing a lot of shakiness in the video and I never seen this before with the H prior to repair. They said they replaced my camera with a new one since it was destroyed from the crash. Anybody have any ideas as to why this is occurring with the new camera??? Any ideas? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Sam

Hmmmm.... If they replaced the camera then I have a sneaky suspicion that if you take that thin plastic off the portion of your camera around your lens (it pops off) that your camera/lens is not 100% secure and has some movement. I would check that next (see if you can move the lens the slightest bit) to confirm all is well.

Yes, selecting the Pro gives you more options to choose from is all. Has nothing to do with your jello problem.

Reactions: KBflyer
Hmmmm.... If they replaced the camera then I have a sneaky suspicion that if you take that thin plastic off the portion of your camera around your lens (it pops off) that your camera/lens is not 100% secure and has some movement. I would check that next (see if you can move the lens the slightest bit) to confirm all is well.

I popped it off and the lens feels secure and no movement is felt when I try and jiggle it. It also has that glue on the lens to prevent it from moving. Good idea though.

I popped it off and the lens feels secure and no movement is felt when I try and jiggle it. It also has that glue on the lens to prevent it from moving. Good idea though.

My only other suggestion is to just record with the camera while holding the drone in your hand. Move around and every now and then shake the drone slight and check out the results. Drone cameras do not sit without vibrations and some combat it via software and others via optical stabilization to give that silky smooth look. I would guess the Typhoon does it via software (firmware).

My only other suggestion is to just record with the camera while holding the drone in your hand. Move around and every now and then shake the drone slight and check out the results. Drone cameras do not sit without vibrations and some combat it via software and others via optical stabilization to give that silky smooth look. I would guess the Typhoon does it via software (firmware).
I will give this a try.

Since your H had a previous crash there can be a few other things to cause the vibration. In addition to checking the props, inspect each motor. Check for sideways movement and endplay on the motor shafts. Check each motor arm while the are latched by moving them up and down, sideways and twisting to see if one has more play than the others. Do the same with the landing gear. Remove the camera and check the mount on the H and on the gimbal. Reinstall it and check for play. To me it looks like something is causing one of the motor arms to wobble. When you check the props, bend each blade carefully to look for any cracks.
Let us know if you find anything.

Reactions: Samuel Fowler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval