Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Shooting video with the Typhoon H...

Reaction score
I've only had my Typhoon H for about three weeks and only a half dozen or so flights at this moment. One an early flight, I recorded ONE video which lasted about nine and a half minutes. I love how stable the gimbal keeps the camera! I used the Micro SD card that came with my T-H (16 GB). When I put the card in my computer, instead of one continuous video, there were two video files. I played the first one using Windows Media Player and it showed the video was 5:00 minutes in the lower right corner of the screen. However, it didn't stop playing when it hit 5:00 minutes. It actually play for just over 7:00 minutes. Then I played the second video which began where the first video stopped and that clip ran just over two more minutes, thus making the total video time at nine and a half minutes long.

I ran into a similar thing with a DVD camcorder a couple years ago when I taped an event that was just over an hour long. But the camcorder split the overall video into 20 minutes clips. I burned a DVD with all those clips together and it played just fine from the beginning thru the end. I suspect my T-H video clips with do the same thing so it looks like just one video.

Anyone have this happen with your T-H??

Mojoe35

Most video cameras which record in high quality and produce large files will split one long sequence into many files. It is called "chaptering". One reason is so that if your file becomes corrupt during recording, the entire file is not lost. Another reason is due to file size limitations inherent in the file structure. Once the file hits a certain GIG size, it must be closed off and a new one started.

Reactions: QuadBart
The card is formatted in FAT32, which limits the maximum file size. When the max size is reached it automatically starts a new file. You "stitch" them together in your video editing program.

I find the last file to be recorded doesn't want to work for some reason. It shows as an mp4 file but when I open it it says I need to convert it.
Anyone else experience this?

I find the last file to be recorded doesn't want to work for some reason. It shows as an mp4 file but when I open it it says I need to convert it.
Anyone else experience this?
Did you turn off the H before stopping the video? If so put the card back in the H and turn the power on. It may write the appropriate end of clip info so you can use it. You should always stop recording before turning off the power.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval