Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Should props be level?

Reaction score
So I realized one of my stability issues... and it’s kinda embarrassing... but I’m assuming all the props should be level/flat when you turn props perpendicular to each arm and lay on ground upside down? ... in other words the attached picture is NOT correct!?
(Picture from above is how H was laid out during pics).... note, these are brand new Yuneec props, so the props are not bent !!

Attachments

• 1775B010-9D6C-4D0E-8ED6-F584CE45FA2A.jpeg
    1775B010-9D6C-4D0E-8ED6-F584CE45FA2A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 275C3E6C-EF6D-47D0-91E8-6BA594C11112.jpeg
    275C3E6C-EF6D-47D0-91E8-6BA594C11112.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 41
  • AA0BA03F-74A8-4749-94F5-FCFF1C17F9AB.jpeg
    AA0BA03F-74A8-4749-94F5-FCFF1C17F9AB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
No, they should not be Flat, I have seen some Motor Arms that I could Rotate the Motor Arm Base Mount while holding the Motor Mount End and it would twist on the Shaft, and the Plastic Rivets were still in Place.....Motor Arm Damage 10.2.png

It's normal. For each motor, an angle is required to counteract the centrifugal force due to each motor.
If all the engines and propellers were flat, the drone would become a spinning top.
In RC plane, it is the same principle, we stall the engine a little down and to the right to counteract the anti-torque due to the rotation of the propeller which would rotate the plane on its longitudinal axis.
calage moteur Rc.jpg

It's normal. For each motor, an angle is required to counteract the centrifugal force due to each motor.
If all the engines and propellers were flat, it would not be a flying top.
In RC plane, it is the same principle, we stall the engine a little down and to the right to counteract the anti-torque due to the rotation of the propeller which would rotate the plane on its longitudinal axis.
View attachment 21523
Nice...;)

No, they should not be Flat, I have seen some Motor Arms that I could Rotate the Motor Arm Base Mount while holding the Motor Mount End and it would twist on the Shaft, and the Plastic Rivets were still in Place.....View attachment 21522
Thank you... yes... I have many arms damaged under the motor like this , but I guess I’m asking what are they supposed to lay like? Twisted a certain degree? certain separation distance between ends of props? Etc

Generally, for RC planes, it is around 1 ° to 2 °. but for yuneec, i don't know. If the tubes are drilled, you have to trust these drills, I think.

Last edited:
Thank you... yes... I have many arms damaged under the motor like this , but I guess I’m asking what are they supposed to lay like? Twisted a certain degree? certain separation distance between ends of props? Etc
Both the "A" & "B" Are set at the Factory as long as the Motors don't twist on the Motor Arm Shaft they are fine..:)

No, they should not be Flat, I have seen some Motor Arms that I could Rotate the Motor Arm Base Mount while holding the Motor Mount End and it would twist on the Shaft, and the Plastic Rivets were still in Place.....View attachment 21522
Yep bought a crashed one which was stated ss light damage, noticed straight away, the motor could be wriggled in their mounts.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
If you do have to replace an arm, and it's not a complete one with motor and led fitted, a drop of nut lock on the motor screws is a must.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval