Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

signal

Reaction score
I here people talk about flying 3000 ft. and still having a good signal. were is this signal
or lines on my s-10

I had to modify my controller. I've video all the way out to 4200'. Without the controller mod, the furthest I was able to get was 1876'.

The antenna for the ST10 are inside the handle. The instructions state that you should have the ST10 either horizontal, or at the least pointing at the Q500 when flying.

The antenna inside the Q500, one is along the fuselage for flight, the Camera is inside the globe, on the back side, so you can fly out to say 1300' at 200 AGL, just barely loose video, back up to 1200, hang a 180 and loose video again. The camera is blocking it's own transmission.

Just because you loose video does not mean you have lost control of your Q, though you should cease all flight (let go of the sticks) and either hit the RTH switch, or start manually flying back towards yourself until you regain signal.

Remember, just because you flew out to 1800' at one place, or in one direction, does not mean you will get the same range at the next place you go, or even in a different direction. Lots of factors come into play, and these are not phenomenally strong transmitters we are using here.

One place I went flying, I got out to 1800 before I ran out of safe range and LOS (sill had video and RC), and waddled on back. That was about due east. I tried again going West-Northwest, and only made it out to 1300 and I lost both video and RC at the same time. Local interference, terrain...who knows.

Reactions: Russell Smith
I still don't know how to tell or see how strong of a signal I have
or I am getting when I am flying

just look on your st1o screen... at the top right ... wifi symbol with meter on top....more meter showing=stronger signal !!

There is an antenna kit that Carolina Dronz sells that is a DIY and doubles the range of the video and RX/TX. There are also some mods that you can do to the Q that will give you a combined range of a couple miles (if you modified both the controller and the bird).
How do u modify the bitd. I upgraded to the itelite antenna but I still don't notice too much difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz