Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Simulator

Reaction score
Will the st 16 come with its own simulator...or is the Yuneec simulator compatible with this transmitter??

The Simulator is very interesting.
The Simulator only runs on Windows and you need to update DirectX before you install the simulator.
DirectX is included with the Simulator download.

Basically, the Simulator acts like the Typhoon G Quadcopter.

There are two steps to using the Simulator.

You first download the Simulator program for Windows.
Install the program. It will first install Direct X then the simulator program itself.

Plug in the Simulator dongle into the Computer running Windows and the simulator program.

Then once the simulator is setup, you have to BIND the hand held controller you use to fly the quad to the Simulator.

I just made a new quad onto the ST10 and then did a bind with that as the simulator shows up to bind to.

Once you are bound, you can use the ST10 to control the copter on the Simulator just like a real Typhoon G.

From what I could tell - it flies just the same.

But I believe the best learning is done in a wide open space with GPS enabled and just trying to fly the Typhoon G.

The biggest mistake can and will be landing in grass and the wind blows on the quad and makes it tip into the grass.
That breaks the props.

So land it on cement.

Or let it hover over your head and grab the landing strut firmly - hold it far from you and with the other hand press the RED button on the controller to turn it off.

But the Simulator is very useful to gain confidence and the Quad flies on the simulator just like the real thing.

The simulator may make you over confident.
The hardest part is landing without tipping the quad copter when you are first starting out.

Just discovered this... The downloaded ver 2 of the sim needs 64 bit. If you only have 32 bit, you keep getting an error message,but it doesn't tell you what the problem is! Use a 64 bit pc or laptop and it's fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval