Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Simultaneous Drone Flying

Reaction score
If cell phones and such can cause interference, why is it that people flying two drones together don't loose control?

B

Cell phones almost never interfere. They do suggest not having one close for Compass Calibration.

Flying next to your buddy is not really an issue and hasn't been for a long time.
I've flown RC next to my buddies for 45 years.
Modern technology now includes "Frequency Hopping" ,pretty much putting an end to the old interference's we used to deal with being to close to someone or someone else turning on a radio on your same frequency and "Shooting you down".
Control moving to 2.4ghz made a huge difference too.
All that said... If you get hit with something that messes up your contact to your drone... the guy next to you is probably also going to experience the same thing and hopefully you'll move to another site.
Just my simple thoughts.
:)

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a sort of related question. Not far from where I live is a marina where boats are launched, people go fishing etc and I was hoping at some stage to fly my Q500 4K there on a non windy day. There is also a Sea Rescue depot there and they would have radios to communicate with people boating on the ocean or requiring rescue. Would that likely interfere with the flying of my quad copter?

Home - Whitfords Volunteer Sea Rescue Group

It's possible but doubtful it will cause you any trouble.
The frequencies for voice communication are pretty far from those we use to control the Q's.
Just be cautious on your first couple of flights and you'll be fine.
:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430