Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Skyview goggles

The problem I had with the Skyview goggles was lack of focus adjustment. I tried two different pairs and could not get my old eyes to focus well on the screen. I even tried installing reading glasses inside.
I have other goggles which work just fine for me.

I have the skyview goggles and love them. My only concern is that they may end of messing up my eyesight.
I don't wear glasses, but when I first start using the goggles, everything is a little fuzzy.
After a few minutes, everything clears up. However, once I remove the goggles, everything is fuzzy and I have to readjust.
Hopefully they won't make me near-sighted....
I hate to say it but you may have to come to terms with age. I never wore glasses either until at around age 45 I experienced the same thing you are, things would be fuzzy then clear up, one day I discovered my arms were too short to read. I thought it was serious, went to the eye doctor to discover it's presbyopia due to age. Cheap off the shelf readers make all the difference. I went from not needing glasses to a 1.00 or 1.25 to see clearly. I still try accommodation eye exercises which helps. Apparently we start loosing diopters from the day we are born, we accommodate as we age until around the age 35-50 because our arms stop growing longer. I've tried the 3-4 packs of readers but they seem to get scratched within hours. I finally settled on these ThinOPTICS, The Stick Anywhere, Go Everywhere Reading Glasses. They look bigger on the the site than they actually are. I think they use models with small heads. Anyway, my wife thinks they make me look like Ben Franklyn, I prefer to think Morpheus. I would think they would work well in the Skyview goggles since they lack arms. BTW - my nose gets greasy but they stay tight. I've dropped them more times than I care to imaging yet the lenses don't scratch easily. I really like them with the ST16. I can glance down, see my display, then look up and see the drone.

How do you charge them? I just recieved them and when I try and charge them all i get is a steady re flashing light on the side

How do you charge them? I just recieved them and when I try and charge them all i get is a steady re flashing light on the side
I think the battery is completely drained.
I charge mine using a smartphone 1A charger (not bigger to avoid overheating of battery), but an USB port of PC can be used too.
A full charge can take up to 3 hours or more.
During charge you can see battery level on the visor screen tapping once the on-off button.
Pls refer to the following guide for the Led status:

LED STATUS INDICATOR
During Charging: LED solid red.
Charging Complete: LED solid green.
Powered On: LED solid blue.
Less than 20% battery: LED solid red, short beep twice for 3 times.
Less than 5% battery: LED blink red, long beep for 1 second continuously with 2-second interval

Last edited:
I think the battery is completely drained.
I charge mine using a smartphone 1A charger (not bigger to avoid overheating of battery), but an USB port of PC can be used too.
A full charge can take up to 3 hours or more.
During charge you can see battery level on the visor screen tapping once the on-off button.
Pls refer to the following guide for the Led status:

LED STATUS INDICATOR
During Charging: LED solid red.
Charging Complete: LED solid green.
Powered On: LED solid blue.
Less than 20% battery: LED solid red, short beep twice for 3 times.
Less than 5% battery: LED blink red, long beep for 1 second continuously with 2-second interval
Thanks I have had it plugged into my computer for 30 min and prior to this I could get nothing but following your direction one tap the screen lit up and displayed 0 battery. So we will give it the (3-4) Hours but thank you sir! at least I have a chart and a display lets hope it charges. But the question is what if I want to replace that battery, where is it?

Thanks I have had it plugged into my computer for 30 min and prior to this I could get nothing but following your direction one tap the screen lit up and displayed 0 battery. So we will give it the (3-4) Hours but thank you sir! at least I have a chart and a display lets hope it charges. But the question is what if I want to replace that battery, where is it?
Battery is inside the goggles, you need to open them, but I didn't find any "how to".
Battery is a Panasonic® 3,7V 2900mAh Li-ion.
Li-ion batteries are less "delicate" than lipo's, may be you will be able to resurrect it leaving on charge for few hours.
Remember that usb pc ports gives at max current around 500 mA, so you need more than 3~4 hours for a complete recharge starting from 0%...

Thanks, I left it on charge overnight ☠️ still dead I will either return them or find a "how-to" to replace the battery. I am a fix-it guy and would rather find a "how-to" so I know the goggles. If anyone knows how to open them up with schematics, drawings, pics or YouTube that would be great. Thank you, guys!

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18