Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So do we have a problem? Drones that 'fly away'

Are there any issues within flying the breeze over water? intend to take it near a lake today.

I flew over water quite a bit while in Florida this winter. I always used GPS on and never had a problem. It’s a little scary when you head from shore to the water, it looks like the Breeze is going to take a dip, but it is just the IRS system maintaining your AGL altitude.

Here is a link to some unedited video I took while there Breeze Video and Pix - Google Drive.

I flew over water quite a bit while in Florida this winter. I always used GPS on and never had a problem. It’s a little scary when you head from shore to the water, it looks like the Breeze is going to take a dip, but it is just the IRS system maintaining your AGL altitude.

Here is a link to some unedited video I took while there Breeze Video and Pix - Google Drive.

Lovely. Was this shot in 4K or 1080 mode?

This post from the Q500 forum. I’m honestly thinking there are external forces (interference) we don’t control that cause issues with all drones. I’m not so quick to say ‘pilot error’ anymore. We all need to be careful!
———
I've done this drone thing for two years now and I'm tapping out. Think Im gonna let it all go.
Took my Typhoon Q500 4K out for a early evening flight yesterday and did everything by the book (like always) and watched it fly away.
I really don't need this added stress. Had my heart break as I watched it fly over the trees and out of sight. I'm 60 years old and really don't need this, think I'll tap out and leave this hobby to all of you with the deeper wallets and younger hearts.

I was however able to find the craft some half mile away. Lucky for me the battery was fully charged and stayed intact even through the crash. It was just a matter of driving up and down roads till I got a full signal and distance display. As for the drone, landed upside down next to a car hauler trailer. Suspect it hit the trees and fell onto the hauler because the camera was a few feet from the main body. Another lucky break, I wasn't flying with the carbon fiber blades or I may have had broken motors too.

Anyways, I've got a few nice things that may come onto the forum soon. Don't think the drone is much for flying and the camera may be down for the count. Right now I've got it all apart doing some assessing. Can't spend a whole lotta time with it, breaks my heart.

I have flown over water several times with no issues. I posted a video, I think under Lake Fishing or similar topic. I’d do a calibration before doing it, every time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio