Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So I made one - now I'm scared.

Reaction score
I have been following the charging DIY thread and am able to do a bit of soldering, modelling and 3D printing myself. I rigged this up today and it fits perfect. Took a 4S plug from an old battery... that's why the balance lead is so short. The deans fit nice and snug. I used 1mm bullet connectors for the pins. Wish me luck! I'm about to test on my ONLY H battery. :/

Attachments

• 20160714_201204.jpg
    20160714_201204.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
Yea like the others said looks good, try it out if you still worried just make sure you do it outside on the back patio on a cinder block ;) J/K. Hey it's only a battery, oh wait these suckers are like gold hard to get.

Reactions: Brent D
It works! But not perfect. I used 1mm bullet connectors but I found out I really need the spring loaded pogo pins in order to
keep constant contact with the batterys balance terminals.

Anyone know where to get them?

THANKS

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
It works! But not perfect. I used 1mm bullet connectors but I found out I really need the spring loaded pogo pins in order to
keep constant contact with the batterys balance terminals.

Anyone know where to get them?

THANKS
Mouser has all types just have a look under pogos

Update.

Got he pins from Digikey and they work preat. Had to re print a few times to get them to fit snug but they work
and now I'm on to making my second unit. If anyone needs the .stl file I will post it this evening.

CHEERS!

Attachments

• 20160719_214033.jpg
    20160719_214033.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 27
I have been following the charging DIY thread and am able to do a bit of soldering, modelling and 3D printing myself. I rigged this up today and it fits perfect. Took a 4S plug from an old battery... that's why the balance lead is so short. The deans fit nice and snug. I used 1mm bullet connectors for the pins. Wish me luck! I'm about to test on my ONLY H battery. :/
I know they were hard to find but they sell them on Amazon and also Venom will have a version in the next couple of weeks

Yea it was brutal but I got the model number from another thread. Fedex was the only option so in the end it cost over $20 CA for 10 pins.
I dont mind paying for the love of modding though.

Update.

Got he pins from Digikey and they work preat. Had to re print a few times to get them to fit snug but they work
and now I'm on to making my second unit. If anyone needs the .stl file I will post it this evening.

CHEERS!

Cool glad you were able to find something that worked for you, nice job.

Update.

CHEERS!

Hi I would be interested in the stl file if you have shared it yet , thanks for any help :)

Hey,

I am unsure of how to add or share a file here so I posted my file on Thingaverse.
Let me know if there are any problems. It should be OK but I have been having some SCALE problems lately
with exporting my models. CHEERS

Yuneec Typhoon H Charging Jig by brentd

Brent, don't need it as I do not have a printer yet but thanks for sharing with the rest of the group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval