Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So... My worst fear came true over the weekend.

Fantastic. They have covered many incidents such as yours, especially when the flight count is low. I'm glad they decided in your favor. It's possible they saw something in previous flights that were of concern as well.
Happy flying! :)

On your first flight, remember to let the H sit for 13 minutes to allow time for the GPS to update.

I don't mean to hijack the thread.....but what? I have a new H coming. Been flying the Q500 4K for a little while. Didn't know about the GPS needing to update and take that long on the first flight. Is that after a firmware update too? Cause I plan on doing that first.

I don't mean to hijack the thread.....but what? I have a new H coming. Been flying the Q500 4K for a little while. Didn't know about the GPS needing to update and take that long on the first flight. Is that after a firmware update too? Cause I plan on doing that first.
The firmware should be up to date when you get it.
There are some differences between the Q500 and the H regarding the compass and the GPS. I let the H sit for several minutes (with the motors off) on the first flight of the day. From the literature I've read regarding GPS units, they all require about 12.5 minutes to update the almanac information. The H seems to be much more stable if it's allowed to complete the update and I personally think it is more sensitive to this than the Q. Very little battery power is used when the motors are off.

Reactions: schmaltzy82
The firmware should be up to date when you get it.
There are some differences between the Q500 and the H regarding the compass and the GPS. I let the H sit for several minutes (with the motors off) on the first flight of the day. From the literature I've read regarding GPS units, they all require about 12.5 minutes to update the almanac information. The H seems to be much more stable if it's allowed to complete the update and I personally think it is more sensitive to this than the Q. Very little battery power is used when the motors are off.

Sounds good. Thanks Steve!

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer