Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Software Hack

Reaction score
Safety Fence, I have to walk 25 feet away form my Q500 to fire it up. Then I walk back to a realistic distends of 6 to 8 feet before taking off. Funny thing is I can land the Q500 on my head if I wanted to but we can’t take-off unless we are 25 feet away!!!

Here’s the problem; Cats, Birds and kids – at 25 feet it is hard to keep freaking Cats away.

Does anyone know of a hack to over write the Fence, adjust max height (100 feet) and max distances from control (also 100 feet)? I know it’s possible to change the defaults, someone set them up to start with and my old school Phantom III is a easy change in the user interface. Yuneec could have us click on I Agree button releasing Yuneec from liability and responsibility – hint!!

Nick

I thought if you fly in anything but "smart" mode it turns it off, but then I have been studying the H and hope it turns off in pilot mode

I have 1.07 and actually arm and launch the Q500 4k holding it in my hands just above my head. I 'land' it the same way. I don't have landing gear, as I took it off and added in a simple plastic ty-rap fastened to the landing gear screws. Works great, and increases my fly time as well. It reduces the weight by 7% !

I have 1.07 and actually arm and launch the Q500 4k holding it in my hands just above my head. I 'land' it the same way. I don't have landing gear, as I took it off and added in a simple plastic ty-rap fastened to the landing gear screws. Works great, and increases my fly time as well. It reduces the weight by 7% !
I bet you never have to see a barber either! LOL !

Naaa, the blades are on the far side of the craft. Now if it were under the craft, well.... you likely would not be reading this. You *MUST* be paying attention whilst doing this else the barber trip may be precluded indeed.

Reactions: DroneClone
I thought if you fly in anything but "smart" mode it turns it off, but then I have been studying the H and hope it turns off in pilot mode
My Yuneec product has that safety zone,must stay certain distance away or when you take off it will scoot at an uncertain angle away until safe zone is reached,I've heard of many a firs timers wrecking new birds.Angle is the setting I use on my st10+.on my Chromas.

Does not the H have the 26' radius removed if youchange out of "Smart" mode? I thought I read that somewhere. can any one confirm if the dreaded 26' zone can be bypassed? Thanks

Smart mode is the only mode that you/the ST10 controller have to be outside the 26' area during takeoff. Angle mode will take off at any range.

You can change any of the smart mode Geo Fence parameters with the GUI. It will allow you to change the max altitude and range.
I was referencing the Typhoon H to come, which uses the ST16 Controller, so I assume it works the same? Thank you for your response!

I take off in angle mode from about 6 feet away. No issues. Smart mode has the geofence.

In my case the Typhoon 4K will take off at any distance from me. But once it is in the air it will move to 26 ft and won't come any closer during landing. For me this is the biggest negative I have with Yuneec products. So much so I can't make up my mind on buying an "H" or a Phantom 4.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval