Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Software to fly above 8000 feet

Reaction score
hello I was wondering if I could get the software to fly above 8000 feet. I live in pine junction in Colorado which is 8500 feet. I have a yuneec q500 4k. Any help would be great thanks!

You should be able to contact Yuneec CS for the firmware update you’ll need. Visit the Yuneec website using a full (non mobile) browser and schedule a 15 minute support call. They should be able to provide you with the firmware download and install instructions.

This thread is old and contact info is outdated, but gives some info on the subject:

hello I was wondering if I could get the software to fly above 8000 feet. I live in pine junction in Colorado which is 8500 feet. I have a yuneec q500 4k. Any help would be great thanks!
You may wish to look at a different model. The Q has never been very good at higher altitudes. I think the max rpm limits it's ability to generate enough lift and it becomes very difficult to maintain stability especially with even a slight wind.

You may wish to look at a different model. The Q has never been very good at higher altitudes. I think the max rpm limits it's ability to generate enough lift and it becomes very difficult to maintain stability especially with even a slight wind.
Thank you I also have a yuneec mantis q might pick up the new mavic mini.

The Mavic mini (I believe) only has 30 grams of lifting leeway at sea level. It won't be any use to you at 8000 feet.
After passing my Part 107, I've gained a little info on aeronautics. If I remember correctly, lift by wings of drones, airplanes and helicopters depend on the density of the air. You need air to fly. Therefore, thinner air at 8,000 ft will provide less lift that at sea level. Even humidity can affect lift to some degree.

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval