Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Solution to losing SD card inside ST16

Sometimes I wonder if the losing of the SD card is another example of why Apple changed to the "Lightning" plug that can be inserted either way?

Seriously, I just place a Tape-tail on the mSD card when i need to insert it into the ST16, better safe than sorry....

I got burned several years ago trying to put a micro into a tablet. Eventual result: beat that tablet like a drum!

Reactions: Cristian
I simply use my pocket knife tip to press in a touch and the card pops right back out... it's a spring loaded slot. Now if you've somehow managed to cram it in upside down, you're on your own.

Joneshd3488, the problem is not in removing it, but sticking it in. You can insert the card between the case and the SD slot (a miss) and it just drops into the case.

Ouch! Sounds like the reader in your ST16 must have been misaligned from the get go. Throughout the forum it seems qc has definitely been an issue at the Yuneec factory. Sorry to hear of your problem.

Joneshd3488, the problem is not in removing it, but sticking it in. You can insert the card between the case and the SD slot (a miss) and it just drops into the case.
I had the same thing happen on a 64GB card of mine. Rattles around inside like a pocket full of keys :(
I have to go and buy the Allen key set with the hole in the middle so I can open up the back and take it out. Not happy, not blaming yuneec or anyone, But, I've never had this happen with any other Micro SD card/slot. Still, its a learning process. I hope I don't damage the ST-16 when I do the open heart surgery to get the card out.
I'm sure I could take it to yuneec and have them do it, but I just want to get it done, So I will do it myself over the weekend.

I took my controller apart after loosing a card inside and before reassembly I added a small piece of thick double sided tape to the card holder body. When the ST16 is reassembled there is no longer a gap between the card holder and the ST16 housing. Hey, it's what worked for me. One of those spur of the moment ideas with limited resources. ;)

Reactions: Seachange01

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval