Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some of my experiences with the Typhoon H

I had already let go of the right stick as I got close to ground and slowly let go of left stick as it touched ground but still wanted to tilt over maybe 3 out of 5 landings so I quickly took her back up. It may have been due to the winds, not sure. I may try it in Angle/Pilot mode just before landing next time to see if it handles differently.
Odd, I wonder if you have to hit the red stop button the moment you touch ground? And I wonder if it's like the P's that you can kill motors with a left/right stick down and in? I doubt it? but curious ! How's the wind this morning Harvey?

The wind is much reduced this morning but I've got a heavy day of farm work today. I've needed help for a long time and a new guy is showing up shortly who I've got to work with to keep busy all day. I'm about 3 weeks behind in getting my chestnuts irrigated!

Reactions: humboldt 707
Wish my H arrived yesterday, weather was much nicer, but I'm not complaining.

I'm very much a novice and hate reading manuals but did my best but could only comprehend so much new information at once. At DroneClone's suggestion a few weeks ago I purchased a Hubsan X4 107c and have been flying that around in the house to get some experience in (the one time I took it outside a gust of wind took it up into an orange tree, LOL).

I already had 2 extra batteries and spent some time charging them and reading some more. The controller was also less than half charged and that takes forever to charge and was charging that (may have been faster if I charged it from the USB port in the Yuneec charger than my computer). I called Yuneec while waiting and was told they don't have extra batteries for the controller yet.

It's been windy all day and not getting better. Still about 23 MPH as I write. Near my home it's sheltered a bit from my orchard and further to the west a row of huge eucalyptus trees. Anxiety was a bit elevated since flying into the wrong direction in this congested area meant there was greater risk of me running into something.

I took the H up to 30-35' and the wind did definitely blow it around a bit more up there but not too bad. I kept it in Smart mode to avoid confusion leading to crashing into an obstacle. I need a lot more experience before flying in Angle/Pilot mode (or at least a lot more room to have time to adjust to mistakes).

Starting video recording was a bit confusing. I held the button a little too long I guess and that would not initiate recording and I finally figured out that it had to be a fairly quick tap to initiate the recording. Taking photos was easier.

Photos have good color and contrast. I typically adjust the contrast in photos from my DSLR to a setting of 40 and that almost seemed like too much. They were not very sharp but I think this is most likely due to camera movement caused by wind. Overall, I'm happy with these shots.

The H seemed quiet to me compared to my limited exposure to Phantoms that I recall.

I'm still confused about the different pan and tilt settings on the controller, need to read more about that.

Hang in there folks, it's worth it!View attachment 542 View attachment 543
More H.C.,TELL ME MORE anything will do!

The wind is much reduced this morning but I've got a heavy day of farm work today. I've needed help for a long time and a new guy is showing up shortly who I've got to work with to keep busy all day. I'm about 3 weeks behind in getting my chestnuts irrigated!
I to would help H.C.,I know a little bit about farming.lol

Reactions: DroneClone
The photos look great Harvey especially straight out of the box. Some ND filters from Freewell or PolarPro will make that colour snap a little more. Not much camera tilt in the wind I'm impressed.
I got a great report from the drone guys stating their H handled very well in high wind which was my only concern.
You have such a great place to fly! Enjoy it mate you'll be fine.
Anyone have suggestions for filters? Bought the polar pros 3 pack with the ND4 8 and 16.

If all else fails, just hover 2 inches off ground and then while holding left stick down simultaneously press the red button to land her gently.

I had already let go of the right stick as I got close to ground and slowly let go of left stick as it touched ground but still wanted to tilt over maybe 3 out of 5 landings so I quickly took her back up. It may have been due to the winds, not sure. I may try it in Angle/Pilot mode just before landing next time to see if it handles differently.
New to the forum. New to drones. I had the same issue for my first and only flight on Thursday night. When trying to land using only the left control and pulling down, the H kept wanting to tip forward. I took it up about 3 ft then attempted x2 more times and same thing. Last attempt it came down kinda hard then I killed the motors. Haven't had a chance to fly it again because high winds. Any suggestions? I will mention it was in smart mode. I also noticed about a minute and a half for H boot up and camera sync. Seems kinda long.

New to the forum. New to drones. I had the same issue for my first and only flight on Thursday night. When trying to land using only the left control and pulling down, the H kept wanting to tip forward. I took it up about 3 ft then attempted x2 more times and same thing. Last attempt it came down kinda hard then I killed the motors. Haven't had a chance to fly it again because high winds. Any suggestions? I will mention it was in smart mode. I also noticed about a minute and a half for H boot up and camera sync. Seems kinda long.
When it wanted to tip over, did you actually land, or take right off again? I am new to Yuneec and have massive DJI experience. I was hoping they would land the same, with minor shut down differences. Can you use RTH to land?(Return to Home) I would try just getting it above the ground in a hover and left stick down, red button off to kill motors. But I do not want to mislead you and you have an issue!

i don't like that ....hope its something that is easy to get used to....i've only had DJI products up until now....my phantom 2(i think) would tip over sometimes...not my pee pee 3

When it wanted to tip over, did you actually land, or take right off again? I am new to Yuneec and have massive DJI experience. I was hoping they would land the same, with minor shut down differences. Can you use RTH to land?(Return to Home) I would try just getting it above the ground in a hover and left stick down, red button off to kill motors. But I do not want to mislead you and you have an issue!
Thanks for reply. Two of the three times I did touch down on asphalt. Then it would start tipping forward and needless to say I freaked and pulled up again . It kinda felt like the trim was set in that direction, but when H was in hover it was pretty steady. Still learning. My only experience prior to this was a cheap quadcopter to get used to controls.

Reactions: DroneClone
Thanks for reply. Two of the three times I did touch down on asphalt. Then it would start tipping forward and needless to say I freaked and pulled up again . It kinda felt like the trim was set in that direction, but when H was in hover it was pretty steady. Still learning. My only experience prior to this was a cheap quadcopter to get used to controls.
Next time hit the red stop button right away, it should kill it, I believe you have to hold it for 2-3 sec. Safe Flying my Friend!

Reactions: DomB33
I landed once today after a brief flight and think that it did a bit better landing in A mode. I had been flying in S but switched it when I was a few feet above ground. Will try to repeat.

I landed once today after a brief flight and think that it did a bit better landing in A mode. I had been flying in S but switched it when I was a few feet above ground. Will try to repeat.
Good ! but that seems odd to me, smart is for learning and should be the easiest mode to land in? But if it works, that's all that matter!. Also, the more you fly and get used to controls, you will find that easing the controls gradually with timing will get you landed smoother! Did you fly your irrigation lines to inspect the heads?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval