Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some photos in my "neck of the woods" (swamplands, in reality)

Wow, awesome pictures Harvey !!!! What settings did you use if you don't mind me asking. I will post a couple I took my self if you don't mind !!!!!

Attachments

• YUN00038.jpg
    YUN00038.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • YUN00040.jpg
    YUN00040.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • YUN00041.jpg
    YUN00041.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • YUN00042.jpg
    YUN00042.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: HarveyC
Some of the best pictures I have seen come out of the H So far!

You're camera is working great (a bit too sharp for post production) but still great image quality.
Thanks. On my DSLR I usually adjust sharpening more, on Lightroom these were all had a sharpening setting of 20, I adjusted it down from what I typically use, but maybe in-camera sharpening is already pretty high and I should have had it at 0?

Wow, awesome pictures Harvey !!!! What settings did you use if you don't mind me asking. I will post a couple I took my self if you don't mind !!!!!
I am quite confused about camera settings. It is set on gorgeous now, have not changed it. How come I don't see the settings for white balance like I did on my first TH? I need to do some reading of the manual, I guess.

I might try shooting in RAW but am using an old version of Lightroom and don't know if it could convert these files.

Thanks. On my DSLR I usually adjust sharpening more, on Lightroom these were all had a sharpening setting of 20, I adjusted it down from what I typically use, but maybe in-camera sharpening is already pretty high and I should have had it at 0?
Some cameras can be a bit too sharp. It's always best to have a slightly softer photo as it becomes more pleasing to the eye and does not look as digital looking. Videos are the same way. If too sharp they appear to look less cinematic.

Here are some more photos taken today, now using a ND4 filter from PolarPro. Initial observations seem to indicate that lens flare is reduced, will test more when sun isn't obscured. The filter is a bit larger than the protected lens filter/protector that comes stock and the camera cover does not seem to fit on quite right but still good enough and secure.

These sunset photos were still on gorgeous setting and the only processing was some slight noise reduction in LightRoom.

YUN00096.jpg YUN00004.jpg 20160525_164016~2.jpg 20160525_165803~2.jpg

****! I can't wait to get mine already.

I was supposed to get it first? Wahhhh!

I'm glad there seems to be a good contingent of people enjoying theirs'.

As for whoever said "too sharp for post". That comment really doesn't make sense. You can't really unblur an image but the blur (especially radial blur and lens blur) are all very useful and real. They do take forever to render so yes, ALWAYS best to get it in production but there is no such thing as "too sharp for post" unless there are artifacts caused by the sharpness.

Last edited:
Awesome pics! Thanks for posting! I might be mistaken, but are the photos a little blurry? The edges look a little dark too.. Looks like you used Lightroom to make some adjustments, like sharpness, but it is still kind of blurry somewhere.

Yes, I don't think resolution is great, either due to sensor or lens. As mentioned before, the first images had some sharpening (20) and contrast (40) and some noise reduction while the last two only had some noise reduction.

Nice works on those pictures. As someone has said already those are probably the best examples I have seen from the Typhoon H.

Auto, default settings, gorgeous
I love that you admit that, almost proudly. At the end of the day, these cameras are not much better than very good point and shoots, and there is nothing wrong with putting it on an auto setting and getting a VERY good result from some of the presets. After all, the pre-sets were set by photographers that are probably better than "you" and I mean the Royal You, not you exactly. Good stuff!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval