Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Speed thyphoon h pro

Then Patr, i have also a question :) , i heard a story of a dutchman filmed with yuneec drone in portugal and the drone crashed caused by thin air.. We call it ijle lucht. I was wondering if that could cause more crashes in other places tooo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

ijle lucht? Helemaal verschrikkelijk. Alleen in Nederland. LOL

That's called "density altitude" in aviation. Every aircraft, barring space craft, has a service ceiling.

Let me see if I can guess what happened. Pretty warm day, warmer than average. Flying at a relatively high elevation. Took the aircraft quite a bit higher and later attempted to descend quickly. When attempting to arrest the descent the H kept going all the way to the ground. Perhaps there was a hill in front of the H with the prevailing wind coming from the side opposite the H.

Was I close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ruud Hogenberg
This is probably a dumb question, but couldn't you compensate for thin air by installing oversized props?
Or Props with a different pitch?

If you knew what would work and they were available, yes. First one needs to understand aviation and the effects of altitude, temperature, and humidity to make any kind of determination. Most don't but call themselves pilots anyway, then complain about a product when it crashes because of their lack of comprehension.

PatR, thanks for your answers, you are indeed pretty close as how the story was told me, rookies like me should be more aware with these density altitude, and how and when it can happen.. Like the kp index it worth to have a D.A. Parameter if thats is feasible.. But this good be silly question aswelll...

The silly question is the one not asked. I've been saying this for a long time; people that fly RC should understand aerodynamics and aviation weather. Our FAA publishes a couple of great books for student pilots that anyone can download for free at the FAA website. Aviation Weather and Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. I assigned those text books to every one of my student pilots because they contain a tremendous amount of easy to learn info and reference material. The info is transferrable to what we do in aero modeling. I can only lead the horse to the water, what it does from there is up to the horse;)

The silly question is the one not asked. I've been saying this for a long time; people that fly RC should understand aerodynamics and aviation weather. Our FAA publishes a couple of great books for student pilots that anyone can download for free at the FAA website. Aviation Weather and Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. I assigned those text books to every one of my student pilots because they contain a tremendous amount of easy to learn info and reference material. The info is transferrable to what we do in aero modeling. I can only lead the horse to the water, what it does from there is up to the horse;)

I am interested in that, but living in NL, so not sure if its accessible for me, somewhere we should make a handbook, guideline or awareness guide for drone pilots.

All the more reason for a true drone pilots association.

Understand that, as long as it is accesible for the pilot. Will not judge but i have searched for such organisation, but found only for commercial pilots.. I support any initiative.

Just an FYI, the books I mentioned are also offered on Amazon...for a fee. Have to watch they are selling the latest version of the Knowledge book though, which is 2016.

Thanks Patr, will find them, at my position right now, it is to understand why and what and to clarify/understand in basic terms what happened. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece