Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St-16 movie app

Reaction score
has anyone played with this? I was trying to edit a small clip of a video but it won't recognize the file. Just wanted to edit a small clip to email to a friend.

Yep I have and I got the same results. I don't think it will recognize the 4k. I am going to try the 1080 and see what happens.

Yep I have and I got the same results. I don't think it will recognize the 4k. I am going to try the 1080 and see what happens.
That might have been my problem. My GoPro studio app won't recognize it either. I think my go pro is 4K at 15fps. I'll try 1080 and see if that works. Thanks.

I know it will play a mp4 for sure. That is what the sd card came with. I also have been trying to download a new app and it won't let me.

That might have been my problem. My GoPro studio app won't recognize it either. I think my go pro is 4K at 15fps. I'll try 1080 and see if that works. Thanks.
GoPro has its own codec that needs to be installed on both ends. Of course to make it easier on your friend, you can just bring it into Premiere or something and make it an h264 or something. Also, for the millionth time, MP4 and mov are not codecs, they are containers that hold files with codecs.. You can have an MP4 or mov that is prores, uncompressed avid 10 bit, cineform, WMV, h264, DV, and a million more. There are two levels of comparability. Most pro computers can play mov and MP4 (all windows can play MP4, all macs can play both) but just because it can play and MP4 or an mov DOES NOT mean it can play the codec instead.

Put more clearly, if you are giving him a cineform file (mov or MP4) and he doesn't have the cineform codec, you might as well give him a stone. (Unless he installs the cineform codec which I believe is easy to get. Not sure because I never got the GoPro revolution because I like good look images)

How Do I Share GoPro CineForm Files With Somebody Who Does Not Have the GoPro CineForm Codec On Their Computer?

Edit: glancing at this I saw someone write about GoPro and thought that was the question. Apologies to the OP if I caused confusion.

Last edited:
Have you tried VLC player? It handles quite a big range of video codecs/formats. I've never tried to edit with it, don't even know if it can or not. Editing 4k on a tablet is asking a lot unless you're just trimming and splicing, my somewhat new laptop won't even play a 4k video without lots of stuttering. I'll have to add that to the accessories list...new laptop. It never ends.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Here ya go.
how to load Yuneec camera video into GoPro Studio (re-muxing the .mp4 file using avidemux)

GoPro has its own codec that needs to be installed on both ends. Of course to make it easier on your friend, you can just bring it into Premiere or something and make it an h264 or something. Also, for the millionth time, MP4 and mov are not codecs, they are containers that hold files with codecs.. You can have an MP4 or mov that is prores, uncompressed avid 10 bit, cineform, WMV, h264, DV, and a million more. There are two levels of comparability. Most pro computers can play mov and MP4 (all windows can play MP4, all macs can play both) but just because it can play and MP4 or an mov DOES NOT mean it can play the codec instead.

Put more clearly, if you are giving him a cineform file (mov or MP4) and he doesn't have the cineform codec, you might as well give him a stone. (Unless he installs the cineform codec which I believe is easy to get. Not sure because I never got the GoPro revolution because I like good look images)

How Do I Share GoPro CineForm Files With Somebody Who Does Not Have the GoPro CineForm Codec On Their Computer?

Edit: glancing at this I saw someone write about GoPro and thought that was the question. Apologies to the OP if I caused confusion.
Thanks. I just got premier 14 to start editing on my computer. I was just trying to do a quick edit of 5 minute clip down to about 20 seconds of some footage I got of my truck while in the field. I connected the st-16 to my hotspot but the files couldn't be recognized by the native movie editor that is installed on the remote. I think it was because it was 4K. I am going to try 1080 next time and see if that helps. If anyone figured out how to get the android store on the ground station please post.

Thanks. I just got premier 14 to start editing on my computer. I was just trying to do a quick edit of 5 minute clip down to about 20 seconds of some footage I got of my truck while in the field. I connected the st-16 to my hotspot but the files couldn't be recognized by the native movie editor that is installed on the remote. I think it was because it was 4K. I am going to try 1080 next time and see if that helps. If anyone figured out how to get the android store on the ground station please post.
I'm still waiting on my H so I can't comment with any authority.

My guess is the preview on the st-16 is just that, a preview codec, so unless it's just to send an approval of a move or something, why not just wait home until you can get the better video out of the bird and Premiere.

Either way, good luck. I was confused at the beginning as I somehow read your very understandable question by glancing at someone else's as not being able to send a cineform codec to someone that doesn't have it.

Either way, I don't know what the codec is that the 720p downlink is to the st16. I did a quick look but I'm sitting on my phone at the pool with a daughter who wants to go in.

So I am. :) will check it out later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval