Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST 16 repair

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Typhoon H for a friend and the Pan control toggle switch was broken off when it arrived.
The seller did not advertise it this way, however I got a good deal on it and would hate to have to send it back.
Does anyone know how hard it is to repair it?
He claims it is still under warranty, however he doesn't have the original receipt.
He said that it is registered. Is there a way for him to call Yuneec and would they swap the registration over to me?
Has anyone dealt with purchasing used pre-registered Typhoon's?

David, are you talking about only an ST16 or an ST16 and drone?
Regardless, does it work other than the broken switch? Is the switch broken inside the case?

As for Yuneec, hopefully they would go by the serial number, but a broken switch may not be covered.

I don't believe warranties are transferable. Worst case is send the -16 back to Yuneec for repair but their hourly labor rate is pretty high. Best case is you are capable of handling electrical repairs yourself. Middle of the road has you obtaining a new switch and taking the -16 to someone you know that does a lot of small electrical work on a regular basis. IRRC, switches from some Spectrum radios fit the -16, making Horizon Hobby one of the 'go to' locations for a switch.

Reactions: Rayray
David, are you talking about only an ST16 or an ST16 and drone?
Regardless, does it work other than the broken switch? Is the switch broken inside the case?

As for Yuneec, hopefully they would go by the serial number, but a broken switch may not be covered.
Yes, the St16 works fine.
The toggles lever has broken off.

Yes, the St16 works fine.
The toggles lever has broken off.

You can replace that switch and any good hobby or electronics store should have it. I don't like the long handle switches as they tend to break easily so it's ok to put a stubby one instead. As long as it's the same poles and fits it will work. I'm assuming it's an actual wired switch and not attached to a card as the ST 16 front lay out is a transmitter similar to a Futaba or Spektrum and uses standard radio switches from its appearance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital