Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

st16 16 problems stick

Reaction score
Good morning,
I have a problem with my st16, the stick lift doesn't respond or can, it's the j3 ....... I cleaned it with electronic cleaner, nothing changed.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use a new one or not, but I'm sure it's a good idea.
Where does this come from? ????
Thank you.

It would help if you could describe what is happening with J3 in more detail, but I will present some ideas to help you isolate what the issue is.

Go to this thread Way To Fix Drones project and download the WTFDproject.pdf (about 46MB) and refer to the Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance document. This requires opening the back of the ST16, but allows you to do a more thorough investigation of the control gimbals. Once they are cleaned and the potentiometers are stable, check their response in the Hardware monitor.

If the response is good in the Hardware Monitor then reassemble the ST16. If the problem still exists you can try swapping J1/J2 with J3/J4 and see if your problem moves or if it stays. If the issue moves to J1/J2 then the issue is in the control gimbal, and if it doesn’t then the issue is in the control mixer board.

If the problem is in the control mixer board then performing a ST16 calibration may alleviate the problem. You can find links to useful videos in the Way to Fix Drones Project in the attachment titled ST16 Calibration Videos. The most important step in the calibration is making sure the sticks, the Pan knob, the Rate slider, and the Tilt slider are all centered before exiting the first part of the calibration.

If you have questions feel free to ask and let us know how you fare.

Cela aiderait si vous pouviez décrire ce qui se passe avec J3 plus en détail, mais je vais présenter quelques idées pour vous aider à isoler le problème.

Allez sur ce fil de discussion Way To Fix Drones project et téléchargez le WTFDproject.pdf (environ 46 Mo) et reportez-vous au document Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance. Cela nécessite d'ouvrir l'arrière du ST16, mais vous permet de faire une enquête plus approfondie sur les cardans de contrôle. Une fois qu'ils sont nettoyés et que les potentiomètres sont stables, vérifiez leur réponse dans le moniteur Hardware.

Si la réponse est bonne dans le moniteur matériel, réassemblez le ST16. Si le problème persiste, vous pouvez essayer d'échanger J1/J2 avec J3/J4 et voir si votre problème se déplace ou s'il persiste. Si le problème se déplace vers J1/J2, le problème se situe dans la nacelle de contrôle, et si ce n'est pas le cas, le problème se situe dans la carte de mixage de contrôle.

Si le problème se situe au niveau de la carte de mixage de contrôle, effectuer un étalonnage ST16 peut atténuer le problème. Vous pouvez trouver des liens vers des vidéos utiles dans le projet Way to Fix Drones dans la pièce jointe intitulée ST16 Calibration Videos. L'étape la plus importante de l'étalonnage est de s'assurer que les sticks, le bouton Pan, le curseur Rate et le curseur Tilt sont tous centrés avant de quitter la première partie de l'étalonnage.

Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas à nous les poser et à nous dire comment vous vous en sortez.
uk merci..... je vais regarder de ce côté.

Uk thank you..... I'll look on that side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voilà..... j'ai encore nettoyé les baguettes mais rien ne change toujours ce problème........
et j'ai mis un autre stick d'une autre télécommande qui fonctionne très bien et toujours rien..... le problème c'est toujours le
Donc ça ne vient pas des bâtons.
Est-ce que cela peut être un problème ou dois-je faire une mise à jour ?
Je vous remercie.

There you go..... I cleaned the chopsticks again but nothing still changes this problem........

And I put another stick from another remote control that works very well and still nothing..... the problem is always the

So it doesn't come from sticks.

Can this be a problem or do I need to update?

Thank you.

dans le moniteur matériel, si je déplace le levier de levage... (collez à droite sur la radio),
le curseur vert ne bouge ni vers le haut ni vers le bas..... je suis en mode 2.

In the hardware monitor, if I move the lifting lever... (stick right to the radio),

The green cursor does not move up or down..... I'm in mode 2.

Was the control gimbal from another ST16?

A firmware update is not likely to fix this issue. My best recommendation at this point is to create a new model and bind the aircraft and CGO3+ to it and see if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps found in this video.

If you are still having the same issue the control mixer board may be bad.

Was the control gimbal from another ST16?

A firmware update is not likely to fix this issue. My best recommendation at this point is to create a new model and bind the aircraft and CGO3+ to it and see if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps found in this video.

If you are still having the same issue the control mixer board may be bad.
thank you....... I created a new model and bindé drone and camera and it does not change the problem?
thank you.

What about the connectors of the affected potentiometer? Have you checked both on the poti and on the board? Unplug/plug sometimes, check the pins if nothing is broken or bent.

br HE
jai two radio controls st16 ..... j changed the block stick with that of my other radio control which it,works perfectly.
It is always on this radio that it does not work and on the other the stick works very well.

I also made the st16 calibration and nothing changes.

Attachments

• 20211228_181430.jpg
    20211228_181430.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 20211228_181919.jpg
    20211228_181919.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
This is starting to look like a problem with the control mixer board. Take a close look at the connector where the J3/J4 gimbal wire harness plugs in and look for a broken pin or bad solder joint.

You said you swapped a control gimbal from a good controller into this ST16 and it made no difference. Have you tried putting the questionable gimbal into the good controller to see if it works properly?

Reactions: WTFDproject
I also made the st16 calibration and nothing changes.
There is no change on the digits when you're moving it or just stays red?

Try to make a factory reset. Very likely is to the database is corrupted or messed. New model creation is a fyfthy fythy solution. Something with these models (export, import, copy) isn't the best.

This is starting to look like a problem with the control mixer board. Take a close look at the connector where the J3/J4 gimbal wire harness plugs in and look for a broken pin or bad solder joint.

You said you swapped a control gimbal from a good controller into this ST16 and it made no difference. Have you tried putting the questionable gimbal into the good controller to see if it works properly?
yes I put the deffective gimbal in the right control and the gimbal works well in that the

There is no change on the digits when you're moving it or just stays red?

Try to make a factory reset. Very likely is to the database is corrupted or messed. New model creation is a fyfthy fythy solution. Something with these models (export, import, copy) isn't the best.
ok thank you, I will check the cabling and if the problem is still there, then I will look to reinitialize the factory

this is the problem is solved..... thank you all very much for your help.
A pin from the plug had come out of his housing.
I fit it well in its place then made a radio calibration..... and it’s ok everything works.

Attachments

• 20211229_075322.jpg
    20211229_075322.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20211229_080101.jpg
    20211229_080101.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20211229_080134.jpg
    20211229_080134.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

Members online

Forum statistics