Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 - Adding a 2nd ground base monitor to share the flight video?

All good info Wheelsup.

What kind of range are you getting with your iPad? and what version iPad is it?
Hi, I use a quite new Ipad Air and when my clients use it when I fly, they are no more than 10ft / 3m way from me.. Its perfect that I dont have to use a HDMI cable.

Hi, I use a quite new Ipad Air and when my clients use it when I fly, they are no more than 10ft / 3m way from me.. Its perfect that I dont have to use a HDMI cable.
I meant how far away can you fly the Typhoon H before you lose video on the iPad? When you use the CGO3 app, it connects directly to the camera on the Typhoon H, not the ST16 controller.

I meant how far away can you fly the Typhoon H before you lose video on the iPad? When you use the CGO3 app, it connects directly to the camera on the Typhoon H, not the ST16 controller.
Aha, as I "only" work with Real Estate companies I seldom or never fly more than 2-300m way and max 50-60m alt.. I have so far never lost connection. I use an ITELIT antenna.

I am doing the same thing for building surveys:

The app is rubbish - you have two options.

1 - use a hdmi capable monitor such is the gechic ones or the lilliput ones. I am using this one. www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/hdmi/969gl

2 - try the new hwww.flysight.com tablet - I am ordering one. It is the only tablet with HDMI input. As yet I dont know anyone who has any hands one experience.

1 - use a hdmi capable monitor such is the gechic ones or the lilliput ones. I am using this one. www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/hdmi/969gl

2 - try the new hwww.flysight.com tablet - I am ordering one. It is the only tablet with HDMI input. As yet I dont know anyone who has any hands one experience.
Mike, tell me why the app is rubbish when it works 100% for what I need - and it's free and i don't want cables every where - I'm not a gadget-freak, i just want things to function.
That's the way it is!

Reactions: Skypicswa
Hi - I am glad the app works for you this is just my view. The range on the app is very poor and the quality of the video is low. I need high quality video out to 500 meters.

I have said it is rubbish as I know Yuneec are capable if making a decent app if they wanted to. Ignoring the range issue which is limited by the tablets antenna - why does the app have full camera controls and full 720 video?

Hi - I am glad the app works for you this is just my view. The range on the app is very poor and the quality of the video is low. I need high quality video out to 500 meters.

I have said it is rubbish as I know Yuneec are capable if making a decent app if they wanted to. Ignoring the range issue which is limited by the tablets antenna - why does the app have full camera controls and full 720 video?
@mikeL Are you using the Android or iOS version of the app? Android version hasn't been updated since 4/26/16, iOS version was updated on 7/11/16. I've tried it out on my ancient iPad (30 pin connector) and it does work but I only get about 100ft of range before the video drops out and it's pretty choppy way before that (about 25ft). To be fair, this is probably due to my iPad, not the app.

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads up about the flysight tablet with hdmi input. :cool: Website doesn't say when it will be released, though.

Last edited:
Maybe I was a bit rude - the app is free to be fair! I tried it on an ipad mini 4th gen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval