Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 and Typhoon H calibration data storage

Reaction score
I did a factory reset of the ST16 and it appears that the previous expo data for the "EXE" channel had been maintained. The rest of the control data had changed slightly, leading me to believe it had been set to the default. Rather than pondering this mystery I decided that I would just clear the App data. The procedure specifies to perform all the calibrations after resetting the data. I had been assuming that the calibration data was stored in the H in some sort of non-volatile memory but apparently not or maybe it is. What makes me question the storage location is in the revised manual immediately following the ST16 Factory Reset is "Binding Two ST16 ground stations". Which ST16 would contain the camera calibration data? Can anyone definitively clarify any of this?
And while I'm at it, I've noticed that the time stamp on video has the correct date and minute but the hour is not correct for my location. I know that time data is contained in the GPS signal but it seems that the hour data is set for a time zone different from mine. Can this be adjusted?

I believe the calibration data is stored on the ST16. To clear it using Pad you have to go to settings, FlightMode app and then clear the Data.
The time zones do not include Daylight Savings Time. I set mine to the next time zone to get the correct time. The GPS time is not used.

When you say the EXE channel has been maintained, can you explain in more detail?

I believe the calibration data is stored on the ST16. To clear it using Pad you have to go to settings, FlightMode app and then clear the Data.
The time zones do not include Daylight Savings Time. I set mine to the next time zone to get the correct time. The GPS time is not used.

When you say the EXE channel has been maintained, can you explain in more detail?
I had set the Expo data for both CH2 and CH3 (Ail and Ele) to 17.5 %. CH2 was reset to 0 but CH3 was still at 17.5 %. I realize now that I typed EXE instead of ELE and that was the source of confusion but I thought I'd clarify anyway as I didn't specifically state which data had been cleared.
My ST16 shows the correct local time. I had enabled my local WiFi and I believe that set the ST16 to show the correct time. After setting that I took a test flight and recorded video. The timestamp on that video shows the proper date and minute but the hour isn't correct.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop