Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 Battery life

Since several of you have been flying for a week or more, what is the battery life of the ST16 like.
Could I go through 4-5 batteries on the H before it need to be recharged?
Can You swap out batteries on the ST-16 without losing anything important. I bought an extra battery, but before I crack it open, I just wanted to be sure.Thanks
Edward Brigman

Plug and play with no losses if handled at a reasonable speed. They use EC-2 connectors to make the change out easy, and fool proof.

Last edited:
Since several of you have been flying for a week or more, what is the battery life of the ST16 like.
Could I go through 4-5 batteries on the H before it need to be recharged?
Hi, when I come down to 40-50% on the ST16 after 4-5 H batteries I connect to the powerbank - for safety reasons. Works perfect.;)

powerbank.jpg

Lately, my ST 16 battery has been going completely dead overnight. Any clues?

Would that be evident by any other sign? The LED by the switch goes out and the fans stop, the backlight turns off...

Charging is slow via USB. You can charge with normal charger EC2 connector cable is available. You should get at least 5 or six flight batteries worth of time and still have around 55% left.

Would that be evident by any other sign? The LED by the switch goes out and the fans stop, the backlight turns off...
Should I be able to double-tap the screen to get battery status when it has been turned off and is not connected to the charger? I will have to remove the battery from the controller until I figure this out.

Do this power done st16. Then remove battery. Wait at least 30 secs. Plug battery back in.
Wait and see if battery is dead in morning.
If it still dies there is something faulty with the st16.
If it doesn't die then the st16 isn't shutting down all the way. Remember this is just like a android tablet. So did or have you Installed anything on it?

You should be able to double tap the screen to see the battery level but I've not found that to be consistent in function. most of the time a double tap brings up the battery level image, but not always.

Do this power done st16. Then remove battery. Wait at least 30 secs. Plug battery back in.
Wait and see if battery is dead in morning.
If it still dies there is something faulty with the st16.
If it doesn't die then the st16 isn't shutting down all the way. Remember this is just like a android tablet. So did or have you Installed anything on it?
This test works. If I remove the battery, then the 16 does not draw power or get warm, or show the battery status when double tapped.

So the tablet needs to shut down all the way, and it isn't. The answer is yes, I have installed Tuna's UAV Toolbox, but nothing else. I will investigate for any other Android-centric solution I can find and let y'all know. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital