Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 J2 also moves J3

Reaction score
I ran the ST16 through all reset and calibration, it is showing that when activating my J2 stick that the J3 will also move up or down to 50-60% is this something that may be repairable or just let the kids use it as a tablet. This is the st16 that I had the last 2 crashes with

Sounds like channels are mixed.

My guess is that a true expert like @Steve Carr would recommend a full reset of the ST16 and reload the firmware but let's waif for his guidance.

Sorry for wasting your valuable time, at the time I felt that the issue must have been with the h. but after I feel that you have seen my reply I will erase both thank you for bringing this to my attention

I ran the ST16 through all reset and calibration, it is showing that when activating my J2 stick that the J3 will also move up or down to 50-60% is this something that may be repairable or just let the kids use it as a tablet. This is the st16 that I had the last 2 crashes with
Just to clarify........you did a factory reset of the ST16 in Pad?

Reactions: Dr Delta
Sorry for wasting your valuable time, at the time I felt that the issue must have been with the h. but after I feel that you have seen my reply I will erase both thank you for bringing this to my attention

Falcon,

My comment wasn't meant as a dig. It was an attempt to help you by trying to eliminate duplication so others could zero in on one thread and lend their expertise.

Apologies for giving you an impression other than what was just stated.

Jeff

Reactions: DoomMeister
yes, Steve my Rud screen only has J2 light up and moving J2 shows a final output of 60% no other stick movement moves the output monitor. When I move J2 that will move the J3 up to 60 %, Moving J3 will not interfere with J2 at all. Going into the ELE (J3) screen and moving my stick it takes at least 3 -4 seconds for the Final output monitor to return to zero.

yes, Steve my Rud screen only has J2 light up and moving J2 shows a final output of 60% no other stick movement moves the output monitor. When I move J2 that will move the J3 up to 60 %, Moving J3 will not interfere with J2 at all. Going into the ELE (J3) screen and moving my stick it takes at least 3 -4 seconds for the Final output monitor to return to zero.
Okay. I should have also asked about the J3 - Ele screen. I'm sure you would have noticed if anything other than J3 was highlighted.
Did you create a new model after the factory reset?

This is very unusual for one stick to affect another unless the channels are mixed in the channel settings. I suppose it's possibly is a mechanical issue. It's difficult to imagine a physical connection internally of a wire moving one stick when the other is moved. If so, you would see the other stick moving.

Since J3 has an obvious problem, I would start there. Are you comfortable with opening the ST16 to clean the stick?

Thanks nothing else moves when it isn't meant to other than J3 so sure I'll open it up do you know of any good guides for that it's somewhere I have not ventured yet

In this case I think J3 needs close inspection. Not only it needs a good cleaning with Electrical Contact Cleaner, but also inspect the pot very carefully to see if it moves inside the holder. I think there is a chance it's loose and will need some hot glue to hold it in place.

Reactions: PatR and Dr Delta
Thanks Steve I will grab some contact cleaner and give that a try. The controller pod and stick are good and sound stick springs back into place like it should externally everything feels and looks just fine

The pots are held in place by a plastic strap with a screw in each end. Check for any movement of the pot behind the strap. There can be NONE. The slightest movement will prevent the pot from returning to zero consistently. J3 is at the right side in this picture.

Left Stick pots.jpg

Thanks Steve I will grab some contact cleaner and give that a try. The controller pod and stick are good and sound stick springs back into place like it should externally everything feels and looks just fine
Do you have an update on your ST16. Would really like to know if you have made any progress?

Hey I'm having the same problem with my J2 and J3 so I bought the cleaner you recommended to apply and after opening it I will check for movements within the "pots". Thank you for anyone that has posted in this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy