Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

St16 not charging

Reaction score
Plug in charger and st16 comes on yellow battery comes on the screen goes up and down yellow colored then it disappears. Does not charge. appreciate any advice

That behaviour sounds normal - it does power down after showing the initial charge state, although you should be able to tap the screen to make it show you the meter at any time, which should go white after it reaches a certain level. Full charge can take more than 4 hours, so is it possible you are just not leaving it long enough ?

I own a Typhoon 520... it often happened to my controller, but it remains steadily stopped when the battery light in yellow.. i use this tip...: in contemporary, i charged the battery of the drone..when it goes up fm yellow to white it can proceed normally, charging the controller only... i really do not why, but it works.. otherwise, it could takes 20 hours or more....... bye

I still having problems with my st16 charging any suggestions. I live in Ohio or who is the best place to send it to or purchase a new batter?thanks for any help you guys are great

You’re pretty much between Vertigo Drones and Terrestrial Imaging. Either would be good.

I had one st16 that was purchased with a refurbished Typhoon H. I put it on the charger overnight and it still showed about a 75% charge. I then removed the battery and cleaned the plug with alcohol. Plugged it back in and was fully charged in about 45 minutes. There are st16 batteries available on Ebay. Hope this helps.

Also remember that you have bit more forgiving battery in the ST-16, being a Li-Ion, rather than a LiPo. I have used a 2A AC to USB adapter common to many phone chargers... Can charge in about 10-12 hours from about 50%.

Also remember as a Li-Ion you do not have to store at a lower voltage. In fact it is preferred to fully re-charge after use, and store at full charge... topping off, if needed before use is a quick process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss