Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 RC Link Transmitter

What I find interesting about all this talk about upgraded antennas and "rules" is that Yuneec got certification on the ST16 based on a fixed/non-removeable antenna system... yet I seem to be able to remove my antenna with no problem. Also, any modifications to the antenna system negates the FCC certification they received. I know there is a strong market for antenna mods and drilling holes in controllers and crafts --- But, if one reads the letters and documentation that is on file with the FCC… Seems they would need to reapply for the ST16 AND Typhoon antenna mods.

This from their FCC certification….Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 9.57.42 AM.png

Yea most people live videos on st16 do stutter. However some people don't, luck of the draw. Yuneec say it don't stutter and when you send it back they will send you the same one back. Saying in the notes. Camera test passed all tests. and yet it still stutters lol. When using my iphone 6 plus with my P3, the video never stutter. I have Video IP 1080p cameras at home. When I move those around the live picture don't stutter. So I am at a lost. It not a antenna problem as it stutters the same 1 foot beside you or 2000 feet out.
I wondering if it's a CGO3+ camera vtx problem or a ST16 controller rx problem? Do you have access to another ST16 to bind to your TH and try to see if the problem goes away? I don't, otherwise I would've tried it already. :(

In that case I would be on the phone again to Yuneec and not trying to figure it out here.

LOL everyone bitches about flying LOS when you see others fly out 25 miles out... we all want to fly long range just not everyone wants to admit it

BTW check out this two mile flight

or this 25 mil flight

Ok WOW I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only member of this forum that is Honestly getting fed up with all of you who are constantly trying to police everyone by telling them what the laws or rules are or your dumb, annoying & childish comments that you feel necessary to say like for example when someone posts that they enjoy flying at a far distance away from themselves or testing out altitude or range limits after modifying their H or ST16 Then you say "Um is that VLOS" or "I don't think that's in compliance with FAA Rules". Seriously are any of you anyones mothers? Are any of you part of a police force or have any kind of military association? Do any of you belong to ANY kind of regulation enforcement departments etc.? Exactly Not one of you have any more authority than the rest of us, so please try do something with your lives that doesn't involve being permanent buzz kills that prey on most any of the thread that even mention anything related to rules, laws etc. Frankly what one person does with their own drones that they've paid for is absolutely 100% non of your business that includes any rights that you may think or believe you may have to comment or watchover on what others are doing! In any reply to my post, I do not want to hear anything like "I was just making sure they knew all the rules & regulations" because anyone that owns a drone at no matter how small or big if they've registered them with the FAA then they had the opportunity to read all rules & regulations, But if they chose not to read those or if they have chosen not to register with the FAA it is not up to me or you to stock them & tell them whats right & whats wrong it is their business period! For an example many American in the United States fail to properly follow all the laws & rules when driving on the freeway & thus many drivers choose to drive in the far left lane & while driving just stay in that Lane & do not go above the posted speed limit at all, but this lane has always & always will be used only as a passing lane that's all meaning if your going faster than the car in front of you then you can choose to get into the left lane to pass them & then you promptly return out of the far left lane & continue traveling at the same speed as what you passed them at (ie do not be one of those that then slows down right in front of someone just because your following the posted limits) If other drivers on the freeway choose to speed faster then the posted limits then its their problem Not your which also means you should not remain in the far left lane to try to stop them from exceeding the limit, because once again you are not there mothers.

Synopsis of this post, worry about yourself & what you do with your own drone & if you absolutely have to have someone to repremand then have kids of your own so you can tell them what to do, but do not ever attempt to even look like your trying to control others, regulate others to verify they're all following the rules. Seriously I'm pretty sure that by any of us paying the money that we did to acquire our H's gives us the right to use them however we want even if we are breaking rules or laws because after all if anyone of us choose to break the law then who do you think will be responsible if the cops catch it? Will it be you, No it will be the pilot that is responsible for any broken laws & face the consequences. So until any of you are willing to take the full responsibility for any one other then yourself, you literally have no right to tell us how we can or cannot use our drones. A forum is here for all of us to collaborate & share ideas etc but its not here to Stock others to be able to tell them what wrong things they may be doing, so either provide relevant information to the benefit of other members & the Typhoon H or go try to join a different community that involves themselves in trying to regulate & police others because all you are doing on this forum when acting that way is making others extremely irritated, annoyed, angry , pissed & wanting to stop being a member of this forum. Tom C

Yea most people live videos on st16 do stutter. However some people don't, luck of the draw. Yuneec say it don't stutter and when you send it back they will send you the same one back. Saying in the notes. Camera test passed all tests. and yet it still stutters lol. When using my iphone 6 plus with my P3, the video never stutter. I have Video IP 1080p cameras at home. When I move those around the live picture don't stutter. So I am at a lost. It not a antenna problem as it stutters the same 1 foot beside you or 2000 feet out.
I read somewhere that someone was having video stuttering issues as a shoot they were doing for a client. The stuttering was severe enough to prevent the shoot from continuing. When the pilot went back later by themselves the shooting was fine. Later again with the client it was stuttering. Apparently the client was using their cell phone at the time and that was causing the stuttering. When the client shut down their phone the stuttering ceased.

Tom,

I'm happy to say I have yet to fly out further than 140 miles and above 8,000' with a drone, one that was designed with many automated safety features that would take over if GPS and link were lost. Those features included an RTH function during lost link that followed a user programmed flight plan using way points and altitudes, and landed itself upon completion of the flight plan. Another feature caused the aircraft to self terminate flight if GPS and link were lost at the same time. Those features were present to prevent the aircraft from going to unintended locations. In addition, the people that flew them were extensively trained in what to do when something went wrong. Our little toys do not have the system redundancy or the ability to do those things, and most flying them can't find their backsides with both hands.

Yes, it's your property and you can do what you want with it. Bear in mind if it happens to damage someone else's property or cause an injury if and when something goes wrong all your property could become theirs. If you want to play a game where impulsive actions take priority over public safety, legal mandate, and common sense, so be it, but be prepared for and accept whatever comes your way as a result. You're playing with a toy and likely don't have a broad enough engineering background to upgrade it to anything more than a glorified toy. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my