Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 SD Card

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the ST16 will not accept an SD card bigger than 32mb? If you are using (example) a 64mb card in the Cgo3+ and then transfer that card over to the ST16, it will not work. Or is this just on my system?

I didn't receive an sd card with my drone so I called Yuneec usa and they are shipping me another one. In the meantime I went to Best Buy and purchased a 32 bit sd card and it works fine.I have noticed it is best to install the card in the controller with the controller upside down ( the nobs facing down ) that keeps it from falling down inside the controller and is a pain getting out when that happens.

I didn't receive an sd card with my drone so I called Yuneec usa and they are shipping me another one. In the meantime I went to Best Buy and purchased a 32 bit sd card and it works fine.I have noticed it is best to install the card in the controller with the controller upside down ( the nobs facing down ) that keeps it from falling down inside the controller and is a pain getting out when that happens.
Good tip !

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Has anyone noticed that the ST16 will not accept an SD card bigger than 32mb? If you are using (example) a 64mb card in the Cgo3+ and then transfer that card over to the ST16, it will not work. Or is this just on my system?
Could be a formatting issue. The camera will recognize the exFat format, perhaps the controller does not.o_O

ahhh...that could be my problem! I did the firmware updated on the H using a 64gb card and then tried to use the same card in the ST16 and I'm getting error messages when attempting the update saying either the file is corrupt or file not found....I will try with the 16gb card that came with the H.

With my Phantoms, I only had success with the sd they sent me, so always use the supplied SD Card, Best of Success!

ahhh...that could be my problem! I did the firmware updated on the H using a 64gb card and then tried to use the same card in the ST16 and I'm getting error messages when attempting the update saying either the file is corrupt or file not found....I will try with the 16gb card that came with the H.
I also get that same error message if I have inadvertently hit the little toggle that turns the SD card into read only when it is in the larger SD adapter and try to copy files off the card.

Supposedly, you can view the CGO3 files on the ST16. Am using a 64GB SD card in the camera but could never see the files on the card. Thought it was because I have never used an Android device before (all Apple here at the house). But maybe it's the size. Will have to try a smaller one also.

Reactions: DroneClone
The issue with SD cards and the ST16 (which currently runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat) is that it only has support for FAT32 and not exFAT. The card is not a limiting factor since a 64GB SD card formatted FAT32 works just fine but individual files will be limited to 4GB. The same 64GB card formatted in exFAT is not recognized by the ST16, but strangely enough, is recognized fine by the CGO3+. Since both FAT32 and exFAT are licensed by Microsoft, Yuneec evidently has permission (I hope) to use exFAT, so I'm not sure why the ST16 doesn't support it. Could be the version of KitKat they use doesn't have exFAT support?

Supposedly, you can view the CGO3 files on the ST16. Am using a 64GB SD card in the camera but could never see the files on the card. Thought it was because I have never used an Android device before (all Apple here at the house). But maybe it's the size. Will have to try a smaller one also.
See New post, how to access Flight Logs from ST16

I'm using a 64GB in the camera but my videos only record up to about 1.85GB then split to a new file to continue the recording. Anyone with similar issues?

I'm using a 64GB in the camera but my videos only record up to about 1.85GB then split to a new file to continue the recording. Anyone with similar issues?
Yes, it is well known, and for now, happening to us all! Hope a firmware update will correct soon !

I noticed that as well. It happens though at any size card. Doesn't really concern me though. As Drone Clone said... it'll most likely get fixed with a firmware update. I will say that I don't really trust my 256gb card. I wouldnt go higher than a reputable 128.

Reactions: Michael Klein
Not sure, but have heard a lot of complaints that the opening has trouble inserting/removing "Any" sd card!
That is my case. It is so difficult to insert a micro SD card inside designated slot on the ST16 I had to use a long thin point object Just to push it in properly. This is kinda ridiculous.

Hi everybody,
I had the same problem and that concerned me a lot ... until I found the final solution!
I just get the ST16 it correctly reads the files that I had locked in a SanDisk 64 GB sdcard.
Why ST16 could not do it until now? Who knows!
The solution:
- Let the Typhoon off, turn on the ST16, go Pad, click the icon-keyboard;
- Mount your sdcard in ST16: put your finger on the message-icon on the top and left of the screen, then drag down; the message is "Blank removable storage (SD card) - Removable storage is blank or HAS unsupported filesystem";
- CLICK ON THIS MESSAGE: the ST16 will offer to format your sdcard; agree and it's done!
Note: if later you have to present to your PC the sdcard newly formatted by the ST16, Windows will offer to "repair"; REFUSE, copy to the sdcard the files you want the ST16 will read.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
I had the same problem and that concerned me a lot ... until I found the final solution!
I just get the ST16 it correctly reads the files that I had locked in a SanDisk 64 GB sdcard.
Why ST16 could not do it until now? Who knows!
The solution:
- Let the Typhoon off, turn on the ST16, go Pad, click the icon-keyboard;
- Mount your sdcard in ST16: put your finger on the message-icon on the top and left of the screen, then drag down; the message is "Blank removable storage (SD card) - Removable storage is blank or HAS unsupported filesystem";
- CLICK ON THIS MESSAGE: the ST16 will offer to format your sdcard; aagree and it's done!
Note: if later you have to present to your PC the sdcard newly formatted by the ST16, Windows will offer to "repair"; REFUSE, copy to the sdcard the files you want the ST16 will read.

Perfect! This is exactly what I did with my 128GB SD Card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval