Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 vs ST16+

You can NOT just simply lengthen the antennas with out messing with the frequency they are designed to receive or transmit. In the picture that FJ posted, it looks like they simply put 100% of the existing antenna outside of the H body. On my H a good 1/4" of the antennas are inside the body. Also becareful of GAIN specs listed by antenna companies, they will list them with 2 different specifications Dbi or Dbd. They are two different ways to express gain, and they usually will use the higher number to make it look better The standard ST-16 antenna (the long one on the left. Should always be pointed straight up and down (Vertical) if you allow it to be horizontal to the aircraft you could loose up to 50% of the transmit/receive ability.

Did Yuneec say thank very much for all being beta testers they rely on you so they can improve their products.:mad:

No one should expect so many changes in just a short time, there has clearly been several design issues with our TH that's brought about these changes, in my thinking this should have been resolved during Yuneec own product testing of the Typhoon H, and not wait until us user identify various issues then they resolve them at our costs.:mad:

In their rush to try and keep dji from getting too far ahead of them QC suffered. Now this is just a guess but I think the mother board and camera had a 10-25% failure rate. I'm hoping the pro is better.b If you are past the 50 flight mark you probably are safe. Fly safe.

Did Yuneec say thank very much for all being beta testers they rely on you so they can improve their products.:mad:

No one should expect so many changes in just a short time

So you can't remember what happened to the phantom over the last couple of years then ?, it was a new version every couple of months , new motors , new esc's , new props , etc.
I was thinking about getting a phantom at that time and it was so complex you didn't know which version you would finish up with.

Reactions: abinder
Yes I do remember I purchased one of the very first ones, and I don't remember many changes on the actual phantom 1 certainly not within weeks of ownership, in fact I still fly this phantom which has since been heavily modified to what we called a Phantom 1.5.

Does anyone know if the new st16 is exactly the same other than moving the 3rd antenna to the outside of the controller? Are the boards the same? Did they modify the fan assemblies so they would not come loose? Are there any internal signal boosters? Any change in the microsd card slot? Has anyone opened the new one up to compare?

Also has anyone opened up the new H body to see if the longer external antennas are set up any different and would they have any advantage to the mod Bo came up with with the external sma mounts?

What is wrong with adding the 2 external antenas? Why cant we get a public response from Yuneec about this subject? this will do 2 things 1. explains the benifits of why they are the way they are. 2. what the proposed advantages are to adding external antenas to the H and the ST16.

I have opened up the ST16 to retreive a micro SD that got lost in the body due to much clearance between body and sd slot what I found was the tapped up of 2 antena to the inside of the ST16 body.....right behind the ST16 external antena connectors. I keep hearing about adding 1 external 2.4 connection and moving the 5.8 to the center in the new drilled hole?

I just think Yuneec needs to be more public about these issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33