Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 vs ST16+

Reaction score
Can we get confirmation from H pro users vs H Advanced users. Does the ST16+ that comes with the H pro come with an extra antenna? Does this effect it's performance vs the ST16 that comes with the H advanced? Is the range linger, etc...? What are the differences? Thanks, brothers!

the st16+ came with 3 antennas. the telemetry gets better the video gets better.
they have put one antenna out for telemetry and have changed from cloverleaf to small patch antenna. And they have put longer antennas on the ages that they have free way and not covered by battery or carbon legs

the st16+ came with 3 antennas. the telemetry gets better the video gets better.
they have put one antenna out for telemetry and have changed from cloverleaf to small patch antenna. And they have put longer antennas on the ages that they have free way and not covered by battery or carbon legs
So, is it a bigger improvement over the original ST16?

There is to be a kit for us. I don't know how much.

There is to be a kit for us. I don't know how much.
Well for one, I think the kit should be free being it is upgraded this early in the game. Plus we will have to do the
modification our selves or send it in. WE are supposed to be able to buy modular upgrades when they come out. All
well and good, but these mods will mean taking things apart and drilling holes. You get the picture.
I think they should just have a exchange program, just my thoughts..

Reactions: DarkWhiteChocolate
Peter yes. When Yuneec went from st10 to st10+ they did nothing so this is good for us H owners. I thing the upgrade will be drilling one hole. Moving the video over disconnect the telemetry antenna that is in the handle replace with new antenna wire place the new rubber ducky where the vid was. Done

Last edited:
The one thing that I like about the pro version is the external antennas on the H itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh, what antennas are external not just lengthened?

I would think the "kit" will not be from Yuneec but a 3rd party. Opening up the ST16 or H and drilling holes will certainly void the warentee-- Not sure Yuneec would encourage customers to buy something from them that would void it. I'm not holding my breath for it and already purchased the parts individually sourced through Amazon. Now I just need to find the time to do the upgrade...

Reactions: Forrestt
I would think the "kit" will not be from Yuneec but a 3rd party. Opening up the ST16 or H and drilling holes will certainly void the warentee-- Not sure Yuneec would encourage customers to buy something from them that would void it. I'm not holding my breath for it and already purchased the parts individually sourced through Amazon. Now I just need to find the time to do the upgrade...
I agree totally.

I am not sure what all the fuss is about. I have an original ST-16 and have never ever lost signal. Not to mention I can turn the H and ST-16 on while they sit on my desk inside my house and get 15 satellites and 10 satellites respectively. The H is a huge improvement over my Q500. Unless there is some significant difference that I am not aware of and it is aesthetics that is bothering you just glue a fake antenna on top.

Like I said FJ Xtend the antenna wires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval