Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 won't let me enter compass calibration mode??

Reaction score
Checking to see if I'm doing something wrong or not? First time user of TH - yesterday read all the manuals and videos, tried to do compass calibration outside before inaugural test flight. I did update the SW on the ST16 before doing anything.

- Was outside, away from electrical wires, the ST16 and cell phone.
- On ST16, tapped settings, and when compass calibration option appeared, tapped it. It momentarily changed color as I tapped it but would not "stay selected" when I raised my finger.
- On TH, I never saw the pairs of lights flashing on opposite-side rotor arms (as I expected from the videos)... so I don't think it ever successfully entered the "compass calibration" mode.

I gave up trying the calibration and flew it anyway. From a separate thread I noted that after 2 decent landings, it flipped over on my 3rd attempt. I don't really think the lack of calibration was a contributing factor as it seemed to fly very well and hover pretty well during the flight. Both ST16 and drone had plenty of GPS satellites.

No It does not sound like you got into calibration mode. Sometimes rebooting the ST-16 will solve things.
Compass calibration will effect level flight performance, You are telling the aircraft what each axis is. (Roll, Pitch, Yaw)
For the landing, When you land, you MUST hold the stick in the 100% down position until you hit the red stop button and the motors stop. Many times if you release the down pressure on the left stick, it will give just enough UP command that the H will slightly lift and usually tilt and break a prop.
If your landings have some bounces in them, you are not holding the stick all the way down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rsh88

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430