Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16S controls unresponsive after using UAV Pilot flight sim

Reaction score
I was practicing things with the UAV Pilot drone flight sim several times last night and it was working great, but this morning when I bound the ST16S back to the H520 the switches and controls were not working on the H520 :( None of the Pan/Tilt features worked, when switching from Manual to Angle flight modes using S4 I was not seeing any changes on the screen or back lights, and the controller icon in DataPilot was flashing red. I tried all the standard things of powering everything down and restarting with no luck, so I pulled the camera off and put it back on again. As I am SUCH A NOOB at this I can't say if it was doing this before, but now there are illuminated lights that flash at the back of the drone
Is that normal? What are those lights indicating?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Bob

Does the light come from inside the drone? That's new and it doesn't really look good.

Let's see if @Haydn knows what it could be, or some other mate.

Does the light come from inside the drone? That's new and it doesn't really look good.
Yeah its from inside the airframe, at first i thought it was just one of the back LED's reflecting off the plastic, but no its definately lights inside the H520.

I have managed to get the ST16S to bind again to the H520 (reset all the camera setting, tried manual binding) and it appears the controls are working again on the ST16S for PAN/TILT, OBS, and Flight Mode BUT the lights inside the airframe are still on. I'm thinkin about maybe removing the camera and seeing if the lights go away, but at this point i'm just stabbing in the dark

Update: I tried removing the camera, binding just to the airframe and lights in back still there. Actually did a 30 sec test flight (WOOHOO MY FIRST!) as it seemed everything was working fine. Put the camera back on and seems everything is fine except for those lights in back.

Last edited:
Yeah its from inside the airframe, at first i thought it was just one of the back LED's reflecting off the plastic, but no its definately lights inside the H520.

I have managed to get the ST16S to bind again to the H520 (reset all the camera setting, tried manual binding) and it appears the controls are working again on the ST16S for PAN/TILT, OBS, and Flight Mode BUT the lights inside the airframe are still on. I'm thinkin about maybe removing the camera and seeing if the lights go away, but at this point i'm just stabbing in the dark

Update: I tried removing the camera, binding just to the airframe and lights in back still there. Actually did a 30 sec test flight (WOOHOO MY FIRST!) as it seemed everything was working fine. Put the camera back on and seems everything is fine except for those lights in back.

Isn't it that we all have that light and none of us are aware of it? I've never seen it, but of course, I've always used the drone during the day. It will be a matter of looking at it and see if someone else has noticed. To rule out that you have something wrong with your drone.

Lights should be on on every H520. I can't remember where I've seen the explanation but if i remember correct that light is a signal of in which state the H520 is on considering is it ready to be connected with the ST16.

I have been trying to find where I saw the explanation for these lights but no avail so far. Still confident that it is normal. And yes I am in charge of deploying a H520. Its not my own but I am operating with it since someone somewhere decided 'you guys need one and you will be the one to operate with it' thus I didn't ask for it nor was in shortage of things to do. Well, answered more than was asked but this is one way to blow steam out.

Reactions: NemesisChiken
I just turned mine on, and just turn it on has appeared a red light inside (I think it's red) intermittent. I have seen it from the back as you and through the black grid. After that, I understand it's normal. It can be a status light, even if we don't know what the light pathern is.

I just turned mine on, and just turn it on has appeared a red light inside (I think it's red) intermittent.
Now that you mention it, it does seem like the upper flashing light next to the GPS is red.

I'm fearful of doing any flights until I know more about what those lights mean, am I being overly concerned?

Now that you mention it, it does seem like the upper flashing light next to the GPS is red.

I'm fearful of doing any flights until I know more about what those lights mean, am I being overly concerned?

I think so, the H520 gives you all the information you need on the ST16S. The important thing is that it works well for you.

I can confirm there are leds on the gps modual. inside the shell at the back. they are not red but sort of yellow to orange in nature. there are also blue leds on the esc board.

Got a reply from Yuneec that its OK ... feel a LOT better about flyin now :)

Thank you for your ticket.
That is ok, this shows that the receiver is working for the remote control.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Ihr / Your Yuneec Service Team

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss