Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Staight line flying

Others have mentioned CCC but I haven't done that yet. I don't want to throw to many variables at the H at the same time. I've done many and the CCC is my last one to try with suggestions and advice given. Is your assumption that the CCC is more forgiving with the axis and straight flying?

thonetor,
you will probably find that CCC will not do what you are after. It is Curved Cable Cam, and this will plot a curved path between the two waypoints rather than a straight line.

If you use just two points the path will be straight. It only curves when it calculates the necessary angle to achieve the direction to the next way-point when 3 or more way-points are used. So if only a start and end point are used, the path will be as straight as the craft can achieve. When using CCC to fly a two way-point straight line flight path, you will find that the best results (most accurate straight line) will be achieved by setting the points as far away as possible from each other as opposed to right where you want the shot to start and end. For example; if you wanted to film a straight line on a football field from one 30 yard line to the other - right up the center of the field, it would be best to set the way-points over the goal posts at each end. Sometimes you might not have a lot of extra room but use as much distance between way-points as you can.

Reactions: thoneter
Others have mentioned CCC but I haven't done that yet. I don't want to throw to many variables at the H at the same time. I've done many and the CCC is my last one to try with suggestions and advice given. Is your assumption that the CCC is more forgiving with the axis and straight flying?

Yep, when I need to track straight down a line for my shots, I will always use CCC. I've done some flying by hand, but the quality of CCC is a notable improvement.

I just got done with flying CCC. It was consistently off by 5 feet every run. After running 6 times with the same 2 points I flew in non-task mode and came back and if I would not have hit the exit button the H would have hit the tracks. CCC is not my cup of tea for flying along side of trees and close to the ground.

I think what is being overlooked is this is 5 feet off of the ground and if the H moves left or right a foot from this height it is noticeable! For what I'm trying to accomplish the hand control is best with dpad second and CCC being unreliable for this task.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval