Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Steady grip

Ok.
Please allow me to explain where the problem is.
As I can only guess, most off us, tired with DJI bad assistance (at least in the past) we was like "Urayyyy!" when competition came out, especially when advertise good service, and some people seems to confirm that. Well....totally wrong, at least from my experience.
My English is not he best, but I try to make the point.
Don't get me wrong, I do not want to create bad publicity. The Yuneec 4K is still a great bird, and I liked.
I have problems with misleading advertising and disappointed assistance, that if I know before buying, maybe I was think twice.
First, let's talk about misleading advertise, and please correct me if I m wrong :

Yuneec send to almost everybody the second filter. At least the people I know or talk with, they ll have it.
Mine, came only with empty spare frame filter.
Then, same Yuneec, advertise that the steadygrip work with any smart device or smartphone "Connect any smart device up to 6.4" and on one off their videos, they say compatible with any smartphone. Also, advertising 25 min fly time. I only get maximum 15 min, till the alert came out.

Le'ts take this apart.
I contacted Yuneec, referring to those aspect. They asked me "where did you see, we advertise something like that ?". Well, I saved the prove on my pc, but You may see for your self on the Yuneec site, and youtube videos. They also say that on Yuneek 4K manual, specify the fact that the steadygrip is only compatible with 5.8Ghz smartphones. Mine, came with 2.4Ghz.
Haw many off you, go and read all the manual, before purchase, especially when advertising ensure you that the product, is compatible with all smart devices (by this, I understand no exception).
Should I change my phone, just for a drone accessory ? Guess not.
If advertising specify "compatible with any 5.8Ghz devices" should that influence someone purchase decision ? Well, maybe in my case.
Still ...is a good price for drones feature.

I did not pretended nothing, and only ask them , where can I get the second filter, and the only replay I get from them (and last one) was "I'm sorry to say, but the ND Filter is not included in the scope of supply".

About fly time, from what I read, I m not the only one that never fly more then 15 min or so. Others, seems to have battery problems, after a month, and if I understand well, the Yuneec replay that is out off warranty after a month, even if someone say the advertised warranty is about 6 months.
Also, the charger came with, is bad for battery life time. You should consider a bette charger. Is good for fast charge while travel, driving , on 12V. I tested mine, and was ok on the field. But often, try to balance with proper charger.

Without doubt, I will enjoy my Yuneec 4K, with is downside. But I consider that new clients, should be well informed, before buying.

Ps. I tested the grip with a friend phone 5.8Ghz, and work fine.
So, check your phone, before getting any head strike, trying to make it work.

Conclusion ?
Pretty happy with the Yuneec Q500 4K , except the fact that I cannot have the filter, cannot use the grip, and fly time.
Disappointed by Yuneec attitude.

I will advise to buy it ?
Yes, if you already have a compatible 5.8Ghz smart device, and you are shore that came with the second filter.
Otherwise, if you don't care about that, try to obtain a discount, or wait a bit more, to price came down (since you cannot use all the pack features.) Or consider the new competition offer, for about 300€ more , whit better features and travel friendly.

ymsl.JPG

Does anyone have an Android device? I refuse to buy any Apple products and since we don't have cell service here I don't need an expensive phone.
I have a LG G PAD 7" tablet, model LG-V400 works great and fits the steady grip

hello i am a new pilot i just bought a yuneec 4k Q500 cgo3
everything is ok but cgo3 on my steady grip doesn't work the pitch control doesn't pop up or down
when i atach it on the "bird" everything works great am i doing something wrong??? thanks anyway

My grip I bought 3 months ago, has a tray for 8 rechargeable AA batteries, but I just bought another Typhoon on Tuesday, and the grip that came with it already had a battery pack wired in to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots