Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Storage Box For Q500 4k with blades on?

Checking the props would be one thing to add to my pre-flight check. I'm not looking for speed of trying to get in the air, I'm looking for ease of transporting more than one item. Sometimes when I go out of town I take one or both of my r/c trucks and my balance charger. A bigger case means less case to carry as I will be able to put two remotes and the balance charger in one case. Plus we usually do some target shooting so having to only carry two big cases instead of four cases makes a lot of since and takes up less room.

This is pretty cool, was trying to figure out how to fit my Breeze in with my Q500, Pretty sure from the looks of it I can make a combo case for the both of them. Will head to my load HD tomorrow to pick one up.
Update: went to HD a grabbed one of the Husky boxes today. Fits well, added quick addition compartment for Breeze case with foam I had laying around. Will do blade cut outs tomorrow,

Last edited:
I built my own box for my Q500. It uses the Styrofoam inserts and has about 12 cm (~4 inches) extra on one side. This fits the prop guards, extra spare props, fluke Multimeter and some tools. I made the top about 2 inches extra high and put a plexiglass door on it. It holds all of my paperwork, flight checklist and other extras I take. It has a key lock to keep it closed. It came out pretty well, built with good 1 side plywood sanded and clear varathane, brass piano hinge and brass corners. I put a handle on each side and purchased an inexpensive dolly to move it. I did look for the husky box, but, not available in Canada. All in all I am happy. I purchase a tool box with the foam insert you pull out what you don't want for my charger, cables, and fireproof bag. It goes on top of my box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop